All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

headlamp adjuster motors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overloaded

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 0:04    Post subject: headlamp adjuster motors Reply with quote

First off, I am new here so I apologise if I am raising something which has already been discussed, but I could not see this subject in the forum.

Just taken my MY2006 UZJ100 V8 petrol for the MOT and it has failed on account the electric headlamp adjuster motors are not working. When I first got the car around 4 years ago, it had been used by a stables for towing a horsebox and because of the weight they had manually adjusted the headlamps right down. At the time I tried to use the electric adjusters to correct this but realised they were not able to make a significant change to the aim, and assumed they were not working. So instead I used the manual adjuster to get them them to the correct beam height. Now that the MOT requirements have changed, I am told that the adjusters must work if they are fitted to the vehicle. I have had a quick look to see if there is anything obvious like broken wires, and when I look in the manual for a fuse relating to these there is nothing listed. Does anyone know if either there is a fuse used by something else that links to these, or whether these motors are known to fail? I see aftermarket motors advertised which are a fraction of the OEM cost but am suspicious of cheap parts.
Thanks for any help anyone could provide.
Cheers,
Will
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 0:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Overloaded

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:35    Post subject: headlamp adjuster motors - fixed Reply with quote

Just in case anyone else has this problem, after some testing it turns out there was no live out from the adjuster switch. I was surprised that a switch had failed, and had to double check, especially after checking with Toyota about buying a new switch, and finding that it is specific to this model only, and costs a cool £115. I asked my garage if they had another switch that would fit but apparently all other Toyota switches are slightly different, ain't that just typical.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: