Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

engine light on diagnostic code 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 19:16    Post subject: engine light on diagnostic code 33 Reply with quote

has any one had this problem what did you do to solve the problem
as it seems to be intermittent
i reset the ecu and it can be ok for 3 months taken all the electrical conecters of on the egr and cleaned with wd 40
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 19:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 22:18    Post subject: Re: engine light on diagnostic code 33 Reply with quote

freddie wrote:
has any one had this problem what did you do to solve the problem
as it seems to be intermittent
i reset the ecu and it can be ok for 3 months taken all the electrical conecters of on the egr and cleaned with wd 40

Sorry Freddie,

I cannot answer your question, but I would not use WD40 on electrical
connections.

WD40 is corrosive, I would use a electrical switch cleaner

Radiotwo
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this problem too, it was cured by toyota who replaced some parts on the turbo as it's a wastegate problem
freddie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushbury wolf thanks for the reply how much did  toyotas charge you
for the repair
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had other things done too like rear brakes anti-roll bushes and other suspension and it was expensive ...very ..you can ask for a quote as you know what it is ..
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddie,  download this pdf...http://etoymag.free.fr/manuels2/1KZ-TE.pdf

my code 33 problem was

VSV no 1 Intake constrictor control  ..check the connectors are tight
go to ED-13...ED14..on the downloaded article for the pictures and what and how to check easy .. Confused

there are two VSV and are obvious to see as they are on the turbcharger manifold at the top.. test them both

Good Luck ..post a reply if sorted for nothing ..
Keith
freddie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith  thanks for the reply  work has been very busy and the weeks have flown by
ok so i have fixed the problem one of the guys that is  working for me at the moment is ex toyota mechanic i explained the problem to him
  i have repaired it myself on the  air intake manifold disconect the flexi pipie from the air cleaner.
inside is a flap that closes when you switch the engine off it helps to aid a smoother shut down when turning the engine off .And works on a vacum
you will see a brass pot whith a tube going to it and all the rubber diaphram  had perished so not creating a vacum
it is held on with 2 screws and a little clip that holds linkage on but toyotas do not sell the bits seperate so you have to buy the whole unit £119.00>
so i am well pleased
treated me self to some new brake discs pads  so iwill be hanging on to the old girl for another year
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done freddie .. great news and you posted the cure too Very Happy  i hope it will come in handy for other members   ..in fact i  know it will.. thanks .. Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: