Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Techstream 4 Injectors Prado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillEndure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:17    Post subject: Techstream 4 Injectors Prado Reply with quote

On my KDJ95 Colorado, I wanted to use techstream to assess the state of the injectors.

I do not get data for injector tolerance (%), load (%), or injection timing, which surprised me as this is what I see in various youtube videos with techstream on a D4D engine.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do the ealier 95 series models maybe just give this data?

Only thing I can see looks like it might be out is the idling injection volume being over 10mm3. That said, I don't have a data sheet for this specific vehicle to know what the Toyota specified tolerances are.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

WillEndure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

For example below is what I see on fourby4diesel youtube channel. Why am I not getting these figures out of mine?

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of about why your readings do not coristspond to Ants readings on fourby4diesel is your settings for your readings are in pounds and ounces and Psi as if the tecstream is set up for the USA instead of metric as if they are in Europe , Japan and Australia and the rest of the world , is there any way you can reset your readings to metric
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS to get a true reading to compare yours with what the readings should be is make sure the engine is at full operating temp with all the electric accessories turned off and preferably  with fully charged battery/s because in my opinion if the alternator is trying to charge the battery/s even at idle there will be a small load on the engine from the alternator which may alter  slightly  the readings .
WillEndure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I chose Europe/UK as the region settings when installing, but I can try that again to make sure.

Thanks for the advice will try at operating temp, all electrics off etc.
WillEndure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this blog post about changing injectors on a KDJ95. Interestingly the image of techstream shown in the blog also does not have the feedback values, but then in the write up they do claim to have figures for them! Confusing.

https://blog.euro4x4parts.com/en/4x4mechanics.html#!article/5873/Injector_replacement_Toyota_KDJ_90/95
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible input your VIN number on your tecstream if you have inputted europe/UK and if metric figs do not come up try mess around with the settings . although Ants video's are based on the 1KD-FTV engines on 120s and 150s, and Hilux on euro4/5 spec engines  your engine is very similar to the repair/replacement of the injectors are more or less the same so it would be better for you to follow Ants videos than just looking at the step by step pics on the euro4x4 sales site although looking at  the pics as well on that site corresponds to your car will help you  . the main difference for you is you do not have to input compensation codes into the ECU for your engine like the other above engines need to be done , all you will need to do is have your battery/s disconnected while you remove and refit new injectors , your ECU will relearn the input codes as you drive the car ,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: