Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Add new key by using Techstream

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
Have you tried getting the utility tab up by not pressing the immobiliser tab up or messing around with the other tabs on the top

I did try.  I checked each ECU and none of them have the "Utility" tab.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

el3388 wrote:
Good to know that someone got the "Utility" option.  Mine is also an old laptop running Win7-32Bit and is for Techstream only.  It seems that I might have selected some incorrect options and caused this problem.  

Can your Techstream automatically identify your car?  Mine doesn't and I need to select the model (see pic).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wmklZDCNpi3wWWNnujH_HTRcgp-j2HHp/view?usp=sharing

Have you input the year of your car , in the list shown it starts from your then the month and remember that your car was bought in the UK in 2006 but most likely was made in 2005 then shipped over to the UK .
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ment to say it on the list it starts from the year then the month ,
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my car might be built in 2005.  Howevr, this deosn't make the difference as the earliest YY-MM option I can choose from the list is  "-06-08"
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

el3388 wrote:
Yes, my car might be built in 2005.  Howevr, this deosn't make the difference as the earliest YY-MM option I can choose from the list is  "-06-08"

And my car was registered in Mar2006.
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

el3388 wrote:

And my car was registered in Mar2006.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty I am not that advanced with computers , I dont even know how to post pics up on here , its a case of teaching old dogs new tricks , it is just lucky for me that my tecstream works ok for me , had to get one of my kids to get it working from the beginning as I thought when I got it all you had to do was stick the disk in and press install , same with the bluetooth for the mobile phone that came as standard I had my 120 3 years before one of my kids tuned it in on the steering wheel for it to work with my phone .
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

el3388 wrote:
Good to know that someone got the "Utility" option.  Mine is also an old laptop running Win7-32Bit and is for Techstream only.  It seems that I might have selected some incorrect options and caused this problem.  

Can your Techstream automatically identify your car?  Mine doesn't and I need to select the model (see pic).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wmklZDCNpi3wWWNnujH_HTRcgp-j2HHp/view?usp=sharing

Can your Techstream automatically identify your car?
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always click on the year as I connect , It recognises my car when I put in Vin , but to be honest I have only  used tthe tecstream to read the injector condition , and that was over a year ago , I have a blue tooth scanner now that does the same thing on my phone so I dont use the tecstream , but I will use the tecstream when I change the injectors in about 2 years time (unless they need changing sooner due to the injector seats if they start leaking , some thing that informed 120 owners check every oil change by looking up the oil drain to see if the oil strainer is dirty meaning it will soon get blocked and will be goodbye to your engine ) I will need to use the tecstream to input the new injector codes , and you do that through the utility tab .
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same as Tony when it comes to technology and Karl set all the Techstream up.
're the right hand tab, at the top, vehicle is identified as land cruiser prado 1kd ftf, all the tabs are blue and include utilities, but the one picture of live data I've got shows data list in yellow, which I must have clicked on to get it.
Karl is deffo the man for this lark. 😀
Tractionman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry should read l/h tab. 🙄
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
I always click on the year as I connect , It recognises my car when I put in Vin , but to be honest I have only  used tthe tecstream to read the injector condition , and that was over a year ago , I have a blue tooth scanner now that does the same thing on my phone so I dont use the tecstream , but I will use the tecstream when I change the injectors in about 2 years time (unless they need changing sooner due to the injector seats if they start leaking , some thing that informed 120 owners check every oil change by looking up the oil drain to see if the oil strainer is dirty meaning it will soon get blocked and will be goodbye to your engine ) I will need to use the tecstream to input the new injector codes , and you do that through the utility tab .

What year is your J120?  It seems from your description that it supports ODB2.
TONYCY11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a UK registered late 2009 but was actually made in late 2008
el3388

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

TONYCY11 wrote:
Mine is a UK registered late 2009 but was actually made in late 2008

Yes, OBD2 is supported in new model since 2009.  With OBD2 in the new models, one does not need to rely on Techstream to do some basic checkings.  But for those older model, we need to rely on Techstream.
karl2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick read of this - as TM says you should be able to add a new key (both remote and immobiliser) without techstrean - I've done it a few times.

Don't have the procedure to hand (I'll dig it out if nobody has it) but I think the guys who sell the blank fobs on e bay often have links to the procedure in their ad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: