Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

suspension problems (1998 LC 100 active)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam234s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 18:15    Post subject: suspension problems (1998 LC 100 active) Reply with quote

had 3 new sensors fitted approx year ago now the ride has gone rock hard but the height control works fine ,had main dealer do diagnostic check , said it may be AHC pump fluid pressure sensor (approx £480 to change) but still no guarantee it will work.
Has any one converted a 100 active to 100 non active as i think i may go down this route as 100 GX non active was avalible here .I have asked toyota  tec but they dont want to know & will give no info .
Does any know if the front torsion bars & the rear spring are the same on active 100 & non active & can the AHC & TEMS systems be disconnected ( then i would replace the TEMS shocks with std shocks.
sorry to go on ,on my first posting but this suspension problem is ruining a good truck !
PS where can you get the suspension fluid (not the main dealers as i want to flush out the system & try a few test of my own.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most probably your nitrogen spheres, aka gas springs, have deflated.  They don't last forever.  Particularly if they have been subjected to the wrong fluid.  What year and mileage do you have?  If you change them, make sure you also flush out ALL the AHC fluid, all the way into the shocks, & replace with new fluid, which btw ought to be changed every 30-50 k miles.

On the conversion track: The conventional springs are not the same. Both rear and front are different.  I believe I have seen somebody posting on Mud who have changed out the AHC.  T'is a bit of work if you want to get rid of all the parts, but I suppose you can just pull the plug & change springs & shocks, and off you go.  Don't know if the upper shock mounts fit, but they might.

If you would like the comfort & luxury of AHC/TEMS, you could find 2nd hand spheres.  And there is even a guy in the US claiming to produce spheres for the 100 (& others) which last longer than the originals; & cheaper too.  In order to find out if your spheres are blasted you do this simple test:

The test for the spheres (gas springs) has the following conditions (at least):
1 - The vehicle height is correct in L, N and H.
2 - Any air in the AHC fluid has been bled.
(Other factors like spring tension (shock absorber neutral pressure), enough fluid, etc...)

Test:
1 - Adjust height to LO
2 - Record fluid level in reservoir (front left corner of the reservoir)
3 - Adjust height from LO to HI
4 - Note the difference in fluid level

The change should be 7 graduations or more. (8 or more for OZ !!)

When my spheres said goodbye, I got four grads.
Got 2nd hand spheres for a 1/4 of new price, with the actuators included.

PS
I found that most toyota dealers have no idea about the AHC system.  And there is no DTC for flat spheres.
sam234s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 22:26    Post subject: AHC & TEMS problems Reply with quote

thanks Nor i will try the tests
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME TOO NOR .. SUPERB POST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: