Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Leaking in rear under carpet - where from

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyrobp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21    Post subject: Leaking in rear under carpet - where from Reply with quote

Please help with this problem or I will have to sell the beast.

My late 2002 Amazon started to smell like an old dishcloth, after pulling up the rear carpet in desperation, I found the under felt was soaked on the passenger side and gone off.

I hung it on a wall and sprayed it with water to wash it and let it dry. next time it rained guess what - wet again.

I've left the carpet up and the floor was wet this morning. I dried it and went through all the puddles but to no avail still dry.

Just checked before posting this and water is in one of the grooves coming from under the big plastic side cover. Do the windows leak on these.

All help gratefully received

Thanks
Rob P
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bungle1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robp,

I had this problem on my old 80 series. It was the overflow holes blocked in the sunroof tray. Wind the sun roof back and pass a strong piece of wire or plastic down the holes situated in the front corners of the tray gutter untill they clear, they exit under the landcruiser just behind the front wing.

Bill
luckyrobp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

Will have a look at that. I hope it is because I just asked the local toyota dealers whilst waiting for the parts man to ring back.

He said they have a common problem with the rear hearter pipes corroding and it is a major job to replace them.

Rob P
bungle1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob b

Is your vehicle overheating? Are you losing water from your radiator? If not disregard having a leak from your rear heater pipes.

Bill
luckyrobp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

will check the levels when it cools down.

It may not be that as when I moved the seats (they were laid in the back) there was water in one of the anchor points and some around it. the grommet is secure in the bottom of it. ???

Rob P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: