NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone got a downloadable 1992 VX 4.2 owners/workshop manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toad_555

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 0:26    Post subject: Anyone got a downloadable 1992 VX 4.2 owners/workshop manual Reply with quote

Hi people
Just joined the forum after leaving my well loved Surf behind and getting a Landcruiser.

Its an import so there's no history and only a owners manual in Japanese.

I would like to get a pdf or something of the owners manual in English and if poss a workshop manual too.

There is a slight transmission droning whine on my new truck but apart from that its mint, I'd like to look into the whine noise and get it sorted before it gets too bad. Its only noticable over 70mph and when comming off the throttle from high speed. It sounds a little like a wheel bearing but it seems to be comming from the tranny.
Any help apriciated.
Jue
View user's profile Send personal message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 0:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jue I know there are US sites that have access to landcruiser manuals for 24 hours if you pay them $10US

From memory it was something like "toyotainfo.com"

Otherwise the Gregorys diesel landcruiser manual #513 is a good stand in for a FSM at about $30 AUD on e bay.There is software available on e bay and owners manuals occasionally.

The whine maybe low fluid in either the g/box ,t/case or diff.
On flat level ground the upper most plug in each of those components is the maximum fill level.
You might even consider changing the oil while your there.
Its a 30k service job

You could also try jacking the wheels off the ground, in neutral with no handbrake turn each wheel slowly by hand.
Bad wheel bearings will often emit an audible groan as the wheel comes to rest.
Also give them a good shake to check for wear.

You need to keep in mind it maybe more serious such as the t/cas bearings ect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: