4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigwood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:42    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi there I am an ex Landrover owner about to change sides. After a very bad year of owning a 90, its taken me a year to recover, I am now looking at what to buy 4x4 wise next. As this will be a second car for playing and getting to work it wont be exspensive. I have seen a couple of Landcruisers, SWB 2.4 about G/ H reg. What model is this ? , any coments would be apreciated. My relatives in Australia swear by Toyotas so I think this may be a good move. Any way about me , I am a PSV fitter by trade hence the liking for diesels. I did 12 years as a fitter in the army then 22 years as a very nice man with a big yellow truck. I have some exsperience at green laning and I am good at getting stuck or drownig Landrovers, prosably the demise of my 90!!. Any way I am shure you lot will help me convert to Toyotas . grommit
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think they would be 70 series, very good off road, some uk ones came with diff locks, later ones 3 liters, mechanicaly bomb proof, apart from some cylinder head issues, do a search on the 70 forum, also prone to rust, you will still get stuck  Laughing , still be able to drown it  Smile , mechanical breakdowns whilst less frequent will be more expensive, as 90/100 parts are cheaper, and many more pattern parts are available for landy's than for toyotas. Second hand from a breaker is an option with L/R stuff, nothing like so common for Toyota.As 4x4's go I've owned 5 Range Rovers, 1, 200tdi Defender, 2 Hiluxes , and 2, 80 series Landcruisers, Toyota is always more reliable, just as easy to maintain yourself, but parts can be costly. My next 4x4 will still be a Toyota even with the newer landrover products now hitting the S/hand market (new V6 tdi Disco and V8 tdi R Rover) still too fragile for my likeing.
bigwood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:01    Post subject: Intresting advise Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks for the help so far. Bought  the LR 90 unknowing it had a corupt MOT . Once bought its youre problem ect, I took the garage and the test station to the cleaners for my agro and tryed to re coupe my loses for a year. My off road forays were simply me being a bit too clever. I forgot that what you do to youre vehicle you have to pay for unlike the Army, they shout a lot and then give you another truck. I am in two minds as to what buy, there are not many SWB Landcruisers about but quite a lot of Pajero/ Shoguns. I will study the information on the 70 series and see what is around  when I am ready. Strange line of thought but our local Toyota dealers stock compound backs onto my garden wall, do you think they would miss one of there nice shiny Landcruisers. hiding
Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to be covert when you go in and get it!!, try tunneling underneath, it might just slowly sink out of sight  Laughing , you would be surprised how long it may take them to notice ! just don't take it back for the first service  Wink . Good luck with whatever you end up with.
bigwood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 0:21    Post subject: New Vehicle compound Reply with quote

You make it sound like the great escape or chicken run.Im shure I could get some thing out of there yard, the garage is 100 yds down the aveue and across the main road. We often have alarms going all weekend, the record being a full three day bank holiday !!!!. That ocasion they shure got some agro from us residents. I keep looking to see what  used stock they have , I mite get lucky. hiding
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: