4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

reverse sensors and a caravan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevo36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:10    Post subject: reverse sensors and a caravan Reply with quote

ive just got my 100 amazon with reverse sensors fitted ive not had the caravan on yet but will the sensors go off once i hook it up
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 23:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine don't except if i reverse around a very tight corner with the caravan hooked up ..but there again you can switch them off at the console switch with a red light on it can't you
toafrica
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sensors are only live when you engage Reverse - they are usually connected to the reverse light (I fitted some two weeks for £50) bear in mind my rear tyre mounts just above the bumper, but the sensor doesn't detect it (which is more luck than planning, as I'd drilling the holes then though - ah... but got away with it)
If you are reversing with a caravan - your sensors would be useless anyway  Smile unless you fit your caravan with sensors as well - hmmm easier to get someone to stand behind and guide, or stop when you fell the bump  Twisted Evil

Andrew
bushburywolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no ..don't talk about feeling bumps and then stopping  Laughing ..by the time you've felt the bump it's damaged the caravan as the damper will absorp most of the feeling.. but the ass end of the caravan will be damaged cracking panels ect ..very expensive ..so get someone to watch you back... people who tow know this really, but we try to do it without ..sigh.. Sad
Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo36.... The sensors will only be affected once something comes into range.... mine are an after market fit and they have a range of 1.5 metres so maybe you should check yours Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: