NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sluggish Engine Response

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VXnotforsale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got the same model as me and I've thought that mine has been slow in pulling away now and again since it too was new. When I had the luxury of keeping mine in a garage overnight it hardly ever did it, but since it has to live outside it sometimes never seems to get out of first gear no matter how much throttle it gets so maybe the cold affects it? Sometimes I've pulled through the village at less than 20 miles per hour and no increase whatsoever despite having my foot to the floor but once it;s warmed up it flies away, especially when I press the 'secret' button on the gear shift that my other half is yet to discover...

I did get a wake up call whilst driving through Glasgow a while ago with a friend following in a VW Polo and she called me to furiously say that my car was far too fast for her to keep up with and would I slow down please? So perhaps it's a matter of being used to it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bosvark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
I had a LC80 before and it is like most of you notice yourself, slow from the mark, but then again, it is a big and heavy truck.
Have a look here:    http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/1hdft_pump_adj.html

I have followed these instructions and it did make an improvement. It will also help if you can fit a 3"exhaust which will let the turbo spin up quicker. I had build one for my truck and there was an improvement in the bottom end troque/response.
Also check the EGR valve, make sure it work. Even better is to block it off.It is very easy to do on the LC80, I've just done mine on the Colorado and what a pain it was, the EGR is cram in between the back of the engine and the bulk head, no space to get your hands in Mad

Bosvark
Andy 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 21:22    Post subject: sluggish engine response Reply with quote

There are good photos of the fuel pump from Joinerman, and good descriptions of the "tweaks " that can be done from Towpack  and on the LCOOL link.
However, I am not clear about which is the bolt or nut that must be removed in order to gain access to the adjuster called the   'stock boost compensator characteristic tendancy adjuster"
Is it the one marked "OUT" ? This looks to me like a banjo bolt, and I can't see any other likely bolt nearby.
Also what is the "BACS tube " on european models, as referred to on the LCOOL site?
Towpack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 22:05    Post subject: Re: sluggish engine response Reply with quote

Andy 10 wrote:
There are good photos of the fuel pump from Joinerman, and good descriptions of the "tweaks " that can be done from Towpack  and on the LCOOL link.
However, I am not clear about which is the bolt or nut that must be removed in order to gain access to the adjuster called the   'stock boost compensator characteristic tendancy adjuster"
Is it the one marked "OUT" ? This looks to me like a banjo bolt, and I can't see any other likely bolt nearby.
Also what is the "BACS tube " on european models, as referred to on the LCOOL site?

The bolt in the picture with 'out' on it is not the bolt to remove to get to the SBCCTA.The bolt to remove is directly above it and has a small bore (3mm) rubber pipe coming out of the end (the BACS pipe).In the picture it is being obscured by the throttle linkage in the upper foreground if it is there at all.It may be specific to the 1HD-FT and not be fitted to the pump on the 1HD-T engine.Not sure which engine Joinerman has in his LC.

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
joinerman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv'e got the 1HD-T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: