Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Wales trip anybody? Early 2009?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:31    Post subject: Wales trip anybody? Early 2009? Reply with quote

I am sure I could/can sort out another trip.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:

Paul

Cool  That would be great if you can, It would be nice to see Wales in the snow, guess that would be hard to arrange though  Laughing
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

24Seven wrote:
Paul_Humphreys wrote:

Paul

Cool  That would be great if you can, It would be nice to see Wales in the snow, guess that would be hard to arrange though  Laughing

I can not arrange snow, I am not that good Laughing .

But is it a weekend or just a day?

Paul

24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
24Seven wrote:
Paul_Humphreys wrote:

Paul

I can not arrange snow, I am not that good Laughing .

But is it a weekend or just a day?

Paul

Need to be a weekend for me as I have to travel 160-200 miles each way, I cannot go for a while though as I have only just got back and I will be in trouble with Julie Very Happy
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

A weekend will be good, fri and sat nights always good, or meet early sat morning.For me have to be next year now. Have to hope all tracks still open ,as have heard a rumor Wales might be all closed thanks to the ramblers!!
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year it is then.

Just remind me after christmas Very Happy

Paul

24Seven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
Next year it is then.

Paul

Shall we have a January trip then?

Tony can you make January?

Paul is it going to be to cold for you as I don't think you sleep in your truck?

I love Wales  Laughing
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan is all clear at the moment,I tent it, sleep in an aussie swag,(, big canvas bag, with mattress,and i use a sleeping bag and a double duvet,and it all rolls up) and roll it out in the tent. Usually warm enough, even when there is ice on the inside of tent!!As i always say,"not such a thing as bad weather,just inadequate clothing." Laughing
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

24Seven wrote:
Paul_Humphreys wrote:
Next year it is then.

Paul

Shall we have a January trip then?

Tony can you make January?

Paul is it going to be to cold for you as I don't think you sleep in your truck?

I love Wales  Laughing

Its ok for me, I can come home at nights!!!!!

But yes we could do January. Might even be some snow. I will look about for a campsite not to far from me and we can do north wales.

Paul

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS wrote:
Jan is all clear at the moment,I tent it, sleep in an aussie swag,(, big canvas bag, with mattress,and i use a sleeping bag and a double duvet,and it all rolls up) and roll it out in the tent. Usually warm enough, even when there is ice on the inside of tent!!As i always say,"not such a thing as bad weather,just inadequate clothing." Laughing
I've got to ask cos this has always puzzled me - if you're using a bag / duvet in your swag, what do you do with your shoes / boots?

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

I roll it out in a tent ,cheating a bit, so clothes and boots stay beside me. When i use one in oz,just leave them outside,and shake them in the morning to check for bugs!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the puzzle continues then. I fancied a swag but not sure they're so good for our climate.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
TonyS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

They 're great, got one you can borrow if you want to try one.Be great in summer,no tent required,that is if we have a hot summer again.Otherwise in a tent as they are so comfy.
Richie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
Its ok for me, I can come home at nights!!!!!

But yes we could do January. Might even be some snow. I will look about for a campsite not to far from me and we can do north wales.

Paul

Paul. check wayfarer for January, understand some repair work going on up there, and Conquering Hero, the bad gate at the farm end, it has been narrowed by the farmer, and Wrexham council are on the case, courtesy Of John from POCUK, and his hard work on keeping a check on most routes in North wales.

Pajless at the mo, but hopefully Landcruiser soon.

have fun no matter where, and if ther eis spare seats, me and mike the map will be there.

camp site, we use Station camp site in Carrog a lot, sure there open all year
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyS wrote:
They 're great, got one you can borrow if you want to try one.Be great in summer,no tent required,that is if we have a hot summer again.Otherwise in a tent as they are so comfy.
Thanks for the offer of a loan Tony. I only really want one if I can figure out what to do with my boots though, otherwise I'll stick with my tent or the back of the 80. I used both (tent and back of 80) when we went to the lake district recently and on a very windy night with torential rain the back of the 80 was nice and quiet, quite a revelation and much better than a flapping tent! I might concentrate on getting my spare tyre out of the boot to make more room for traveling gear and leave the load bed clear for sleeping (remember I'm a 2 seater with a boarded out rear to lie on).

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Laning / Offroading / Overlanding All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: