2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

winches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazza__

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:25    Post subject: winches Reply with quote

has anybody fitted a hydraulic winch to there landcruiser on here,
need a winch and would like a hydraulic one if i could

any ideas
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jvoelcker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fitted the Milemarker H12 winch to a few 80s running off the power steering pump.

It runs a little slow compared to the electric winches, but will keep on running all day and all night without burning out.

If you are fitting it to an ARB bumper you will need to cut away some of the bumper to make it easier  to get to the controls, but that is no big problem, and you will also need  to mount it at a bit of angle.

You also need to make sure the solenoid block is mounted onto the chassis or mounted via some anti vibration mounts when mounting on the body because it can be noisey, which gets amplified through the body.

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
gazza__

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the milemaker like, i heard gd reports about it so far as the winch to have,

was going to try and fit an elec hyd pump to power it, wich should give about 20l\min which would make it not as slow,
what l\min does the pump run at in crusies anybody know, i know u can fit a zf74 pump that gives about 13 l/min which will give u about 4.7 ton pull, but its only about 10ft/min pull rate,

but from useing a 6ton elec winch its not that much slower by the time the battreys gone flatish and your pulling hard,
thats whats on me mates 300tdi hes got 2 alternators one for the winch battry , he burned the first one out which was 4ton pull, so brought the bigger one this time,
but just think that in the end the same will happin to this as well as after a min or so the thing does get hot fast!
plus if i go hyd it put an end to the elec winich is far better as cause hes got one its the best thing ever Rolling Eyes

was thinking about the ARB bumper, but funds are a bit limited at the moment, and at anywhere from £600 shipped in or -£1100 from the uk  an ARB is a bit steep at the moment, but it is on the wish list,

i have an old bumper that came with the truck as it was damaged but not 2 bad, was going to remove the new bumper that is on and fit the old bumper back on and cut that to fit, and make up the fittings myself to save some pennys

i really only need 4 ton but more is better, as its only for doing rally recoverys that we do, and not for pulling me out of a bog, its far 2 nice (at the moment) to be doing hard core 4x4ing in but give it a few years and it will, thats what the mitsubish for at the moment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: