4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

alarm and keys - register / reprogram new master key fob

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerseytrev

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see your point depends where you live .in my neck of the woods were only just starting to lock our front doors  lol.  the immobilizer still works though and central locking just the alarm itself. found it a pain when we had heavy rain going off all night ,as i live up a private road with a group of houses in a big circle  ,we all have security lights . my wife had a rav4 her alarm went us after 11years she had it for 13 and has now got a new car without a alarm.  i suppose 11 years is quite good for a alarm to last . just me being a tight git  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 13:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Leslie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy

Do you have a link for sourcing a new master key (2 button ) Mine appears to have died through corrosion behind the battery .

Cheers
4runner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it off e bay - i will see if i can find the seller on my e bay account

nope not listed anymore as 60 days since i got it..

it was around £50  -  there are cheaper ones for £10 - but often they dont have the buttons or transponder inside - i.e. no electronics only the key blank

2013 Hilux Invincible
Subaru Forester XT
D4D Yaris
4wheel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 18:36    Post subject: Alarm Reply with quote

Sorry a bit late but you can haVe a new key supplied,cut and coded at Sainsbury's £30. They have a Key bar franchise which operates in their larger stores - keys,watches,dry cleaning.Had mine done and absolutely fine.
Leslie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have bought a new master key from Mr T , The old dead key had the two buttons , the new key has only one button , lock unlock and have been assured by Mr T this is the one for the job.

The question is = does the new transponder have to be registered as a new master key and a new sub key , for the remote button to work .
There is no way to pair the buttons as on the two button transponder.
I have registered it as a new master key and the vehicle starts and the doors lock using the key . But no remote working , The central locking works using the button on the drivers door .

So do I have to register it as a sub key as well ,

The guy in the key cutting shop said he could pair the two keys but with one dead transponder no luck .

Its been a long day today. Shocked
faniemalherbe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39    Post subject: Master / Sub key programming Reply with quote

Could I ask a stupid question??? What is the difference between the master and sub key? I was reading older posts and there are different programming methods for each.

I've just got a replacement cut 2-button transponder key for my '02 LC D4D GX and now need to program it as I only received one key when I bought it... Logic's tell me to 'Master' program the key, but is there any issues like only one master key kan be programmed and active, etc? Surely it is best to have two master keys...?
Deko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently acquired a '97 GX Colorado, 3 liter diesel, which only came with one key. A bit of a saga, as the key locks the central locking on the driver's door, but can't for some reason unlock it. The remote on the other hand unlocks fine, but locking doesn't seem to work on that one. The button on the driver's door works fine.

So I bought a master key on e bay and programmed it using the sequence in this thread on Sunday. This seemed to work fine and the car started with the new key. However, the next morning I had a dead battery. I couldn't find anything I'd left on other than that maybe the key programming sequence kept "listening" overnight to more keys to be programmed. I also found that the new key doesn't start the car anymore - engine turns over fine, but doesn't start, all the time.

It works after I've been driving with the old master key, shut the engine off, then start with new key. Leave it a while and new key doesn't start??

They key was only £12 off e bay, so could it be a dodgy key?

Any hints or tips gratefully received...
Elanman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 14:53    Post subject: Flat Battery, Key Fobs. Reply with quote

Had to leave my 1999 90 for a while only to find I had a flat battery when I came to use it. Changed battery for spare, started straight away. However, key fobs stopped working I had hazards flashing could not switch them off. In my ownership there has never been an audible alarm just the flashers. My second key seems to lock the central locking but won't unlock.
I have read the reset procedures but worry if I try and reset and get it wrong I won't be able to re start it.

To summaries

1 Have both original keys
2 both keys start vehicle.
3 only one will lock vehicle.
4 neither will stop flashers  (they time out)
5 I don't know which key is master.
Need a. Way of getting the central locking working again.
I would be grateful for any advise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: