NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80 rear bumper / Wheel carrier

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plumbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 20:57    Post subject: 80 rear bumper / Wheel carrier Reply with quote

I have just purchased a rear bumper with twin wheel carrier for my 80, at the Bad Kissingen show last week

Fitted it today & very pleased with it, just a couple of small points that I will improve on:

1. Lights in the bumper (indicators & rear lights) do not have brake lights fitted

2. Even though the lights are recessed & finish flush, I will fabricate a mesh, bolt on guard over them.

The company I purchased fom were very helpful, and they fabricate all sorts of  4 x4 parts (not just Toyota) and have all sorts of accessories and seemed very reasonably priced.

My bumper with the Twin wheel carriers, lights, no plate bracket , lamp etc cost 999euros, they will deliver to UK no problem, check out their site (which is going to be updated in the next couple of weeks)

www. freewayslattitude.com

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 20:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been looking at the website as I'm keen on a front bumper - their's looks a dead ringer for the TJM bumper...

I'd like to see some photos of yours on the car Plumbo

Cheers
busaboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.....any piccies?
Plumbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill take some pics & try to post them in a couple of days time
( wont get the chanc till then, sorry!)

Andy
busaboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always come to the plain on sunday then we could all see  Very Happy
Plumbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to come to the Plain (really enjoyed Lincomb), but work calls this weekend Crying or Very sad

Getting the cruiser ready for another trip to the Gilf this autumn & got to scrape the pennies together somehow Very Happy
Anyway this link should show you some pics of the bumper if i'v done it right, (and some of our last gilf run)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/AndyWhite28/Landcruiser#

Andy
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos Andy - great looking rig.  Looks like TJM bumper with that 'T' cutout on it - tidy job!!!

You have too many toys with the karting as well Wink

BTW, what/where is Gilf?
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a lot like a TJM RB8?

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had a thrutchel at the website Jon?  Can you identify the front bumper as TJM from the images available?  If so, I might strike while the Euro is hot Wink
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

No can't understand the web site. If they manufacture them then it won't be a TJM, just saying it looks a lot like the TJM RB8, don't know that it actually is one.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just looked a dead ringer to me & having the 'T' cut out in the plate, isn't that a TJM sort of mark??
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T is just for inserting the lifting arm of a hi-lift type jack so no reason why someone else shouldn't also do it but TJM tend to.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you learn something new everyday!!!  Fab.  Just getting a profile cut for a rear bumper - I must get some added.  What size to they need to be???  And quick before the laser hits the metal!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea on the size but someone with a hi-lift jack or bumper with cut outs should be able to tell you.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that you!?!  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: