NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Electric Aerial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TractorTed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 16:53    Post subject: Electric Aerial Reply with quote

I have a 2003, 4.2L diesel Amazon. Have no idea what "Series" this is, so hope I am in the correct forum.
Sad  Fed up - I have just wasted £285.90p. The electric aerial fitted at left wing failed a few weeks ago, now extends for only four inches. Still goes up and down this four inches smartly when radio is switched on and off.
Obviously, I thought, internal mechanical fault. Bought new Toyota unit, which I have fitted - No change, still the same fault. Can not imagine what sort of control or electrical problem this can be. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks very much for any assistance.
Ed.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 16:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you press the Up and Down buttons, with the radio on?

I understand from your post that the antenna goes all the way down when you switch off, and goes up approx 4 " with Acc. & radio on.

And yes, this is The Forum. Amazon 1998 to 2007/8 is 100 series. Before 1998 was 80 series.
What about the new 200 series. Is that one called Amazon in the UK as well?
100 TD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it sounds like you wasted your money and the old antenna "is possibly OK" and there "may be a quick fix".
When the vehicles battery has been disconnected, or possibly cranked down to a very low voltage, the antenna loses its position memory. All you need to do (as mentioned in the previous post), is to manually extend the antenna with the manual up/down antenna switch (either on your radio or on the centre console above your Centre diff lock switch depending on where yours is located). Once it is extended fully, turn your radio off and it should retract completely and extend completely when you turn your radio back on. Hope this works for you.
TractorTed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nor and 100td for your assistance. Exactly as you described. Thinking back, we left Toyota and trailer in France for four weeks whilst we were away on our little canal boat. Had to get a jump start on return, batteries well down. Found later that one battery had failed completely. How stupid do I feel!!!
Ed.
slick0007

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 14:37    Post subject: similar problem Reply with quote

hi i have a 1996 prado and i am having similar problems  i have tried reseting as discribed but i am only getting about an inch of movment up or down so areil stays up mostly the mast is ok so im thinking it may be the control relay i can hear it clicking but as yet i have not located it can anyone help thanks peter
rmurphy5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sunroof has been a problem - motors work etc but it seems to have forgotten the open close positions etc - perhaps I had low batteries when it went out - anyone had a similar problem and remedied it?

Thanks,

Rohan
B175C15T110

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 TD wrote:
Unfortunately it sounds like you wasted your money and the old antenna "is possibly OK" and there "may be a quick fix".
When the vehicles battery has been disconnected, or possibly cranked down to a very low voltage, the antenna loses its position memory. All you need to do (as mentioned in the previous post), is to manually extend the antenna with the manual up/down antenna switch (either on your radio or on the centre console above your Centre diff lock switch depending on where yours is located). Once it is extended fully, turn your radio off and it should retract completely and extend completely when you turn your radio back on. Hope this works for you.

13 years on, and you just saved me a few hundred quid and a lot of messing about. After disconnecting my batteries recently, I had this exact problem, and the fix was spot on. Many thanks👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: