Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Replacement rear bumper??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 19:36    Post subject: Replacement rear bumper?? Reply with quote

Anyone come across a decent after-market rear bumper for a 120?   Evil or Very Mad  My dearly beloved managed to total mine today  Evil or Very Mad , so I might as well see if I can replace the lousy plastic one with a decent steel unit ... at a reasonable price!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 19:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have just taken the side off her Corolla on a low wall that I didn't see. Good job I wasn't in Lil Blue or I'd be spending the weekend rebuilding the wall!!

Rear bumpers seem to be a bit of a rare animal. For anything except an 80 anyway. There isn't a lot behind there to fabricate to.

LC
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!!

Oh well, must be low bio-rhythms or something with you lot  Laughing

Think I'll try and find a 2nd hand bumper then, and get it sprayed and fitted ....  Got to be cheaper than my excess.
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:11    Post subject: Re: Replacement rear bumper?? Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
Anyone come across a decent after-market rear bumper for a 120?   Evil or Very Mad  My dearly beloved managed to total mine today  Evil or Very Mad , so I might as well see if I can replace the lousy plastic one with a decent steel unit ... at a reasonable price!

In another thread you said you going to test out the new navigation with the dodgy gps. 10 minutes later you asking for a new bumper. I am guessing the navigation was a bit off?  Laughing

Didn't 'vette replace his rear bumper recently? Might he still have his old one?
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drop him a note. Not sure if the LC3 and LC5 bumpers are the same due to the tail-light config but it's posiible (probable) they are.

Cheers
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
I'll drop him a note. Not sure if the LC3 and LC5 bumpers are the same due to the tail-light config but it's posiible (probable) they are.

Cheers

Now that you mention it, I think it was a LC5 bumper he was putting on his LC4(?).

Try these guys: http://www.breakeryard.com/
There was one guy who got back to me about the centre console. He had a 120 on the floor. Could not tell me what it was though.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'll try and get Hein Burnett to make and send me one of his mods:

Looks very much better than the plastic rubbish Mr T gave me!!!
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:33    Post subject: Re: Replacement rear bumper?? Reply with quote

Crispin wrote:
garystockton wrote:

In another thread you said you going to test out the new navigation with the dodgy gps. 10 minutes later you asking for a new bumper. I am guessing the navigation was a bit off?  Laughing

Didn't 'vette replace his rear bumper recently? Might he still have his old one?

Hi guy's

I have my replacement bumper ready for fitting.

Trouble is there is 15000 miles between China and Warrington  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I might be popping back to UK at end of September, but thats still a while away.

'vette
jojo1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Other end Reply with quote

Got an original front bumber if anyone's interested. 05 120 series in white.

Jojo
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you replace it with, out of interest?  An after-market bar?  Or is it a 'spare' ... ?
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not such a good pic, but I came across this on my surfing antics. I don[t have a pipe bender, but I guess this can't be that hard. It would suit me, something similar. I could let in some channel to put the lights in.

LC

jojo1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 21:10    Post subject: front bumper Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

I fitted an ARB Sahara bar and Warn 9.5xp winch. Strong bar & fast winch.

Jojo
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that locally, i.e. in the UK?  I'm keen to go the same route, but there seem to be a lot of conflicting regs around the bar fitment, etc.

Cheers
jojo1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 22:42    Post subject: Sahara bar Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

Got my bar from TBR. Yes the law's a bit unclear at the moment. However I don't know of any cases where a winch bumper fitment has got any where near to a court case. Anyone know different?

Jojo
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just avoid the Warn bit. Go for a Goldfish instead. Better winch half the money and supported by people who care.

The rear cross member in on the 120 is a much better affair than the 90 series. It's one of the few bits that's different. The tow bar is a set of clamshell plates that bolt directly through the rear section. This certainly make any rear bumper build a whole lot easier than before. My fabrication skills are not really up to that yet, but maybe the way to go on the 90 is to weld in a new 120-like cross member to start off. Gary if you find something, I'd appreciate a few technical pics before sticking it on.

LC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: