Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

landcruiser 100 series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasimashiq

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 15:40    Post subject: landcruiser 100 series Reply with quote

hello everybody, i have got alot of questions, so let me apologise in advance i need serious help, i would really appreciate any answers i can get with regards the list of questions i am posting, the questions relate to the colorado 100 series -

1 - how reliable is the 100 series landcruiser, is the d4d as reliable as the td, and is the d4d easier/more difficult to maintain as i will want to service the vehicle myself.

2 - is the 100 series d4d engine better then the td, and if so why and are both engines built in japan?

3 - from the introduction of the 100 series landcruiser to the introduction of the new shape landcruiser was anything changed i.e
exterior - looks etc
interior - spec level, gizmos etc
mechanical improvements i.e. handling, suspension, engine, gearbox etc

4 - whats the realistic fuel economy on a td, or the d4d

5 - what should i look out for when buying one, should i avoid any models, year of manufacture. is anyone selling one

6 - with the auto gearbox can you manually shift up/down, also in relation to the gearbox what is overdrive, has the auto gearbox been replaced in the oldshape d4d or the new shape landcruiser, would you recommend the auto/manual gearbox.

7 - has anyone changed from the 100 series td to the d4d old shape landcruiser, and if so is it a better vehicle.

8 - has anyone got an estate or the standard, what is the drive quality like? is the estate a poorer drive as it is bigger, and what is the actual size difference as i have looked for a photo of an estate but can not find one.

thats all the questions so far, i am sorry they are long, i look forward to all commments, thanks again - my e-mail address is wasimashiq@hotmail.com
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 15:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: