4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

www.easyjapparts.com - I won't be using them again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asim1992

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 17:36    Post subject: www.easyjapparts.com - I won't be using them again! Reply with quote

Take heed all you 4x4 owners out there.my crankshaft pully went on my paj.i ordered one from easy jap parts.they charged me 75 pounds.when it arrived the wrong one was sent damaged.after a lot of effort on the phone they said the would send me another one.a week later it had'nt arrived.when i phone they said it was sent out through lynx.i rang lynx who denied they hadrecieved the part.after more strenuous calls they agreed to send me the correct part the next day(no mention of taking any further action up with lynx).the next day the part came and lo and behold it was the same wrong part but even more damaged than the last.when i contacted them again they switched the story round on me and said that i was cheating them(and being very sarcastic)and that i was driving with the part on my car and that i was trying to cheat them.when i asked for my money back they said you send me the parts back and we will refund you the money,which is a lie.because if you type in easy jap parts on google you will see that many people are taking them through the trading standards with the same or similar problems.

Be aware of this company. I feel cheated and let down by them and their 'customer care'. Their telephone number is tel:01214590077 and there address is
Easy jap parts ltd
1603 pershore road,
Stirchley,
Birmingham,
UK
B30 2JF
You have the receptionist who lied to me. You have the three main guys. 1-charlie(whose real name is khan) 2- tony(whose real name is umar) and the third guy his name is trevor but he is asian too and i dont know his real name.
You can go to these people if you choose but i will never go back. I am not here to name and shame for no reason.check their record out first just see for yourself.
All the best. The choice is yours......asim...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 17:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

k1elliott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info.
Will we be seeing you on watchdog as one of those poor unfortunates done over by the big bad guy?
They sound like they should be exposed like that...
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Asim.

While you would like to think this is a one-off, there do seem to be mixed reviews out there including the following :

blagger.com
MR2 owners club
Pre-loved

Of course, the fact that their URL appears to be unregistered / expired doesn't really help Confused

Please be aware when making posts such as the one at the start of this thread, it's important to be factual and non-libelous!

Simon

gus2010

Location: Vehicle is in Scotland, I visit it once a year from Australiark Saudi, soon Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 13:36    Post subject: Got to agree with you on this Reply with quote

I obtained a replacement engine for my car from these guys. Have to say the engine itself seems fine. However, I never received any receipt from them for the sale, or certification of the mileage on the engine supplied. I tried to contact them numerous times but to no avail. Their website never seems to have got up and running. I could not get through on telephone. I will try again now that I have new contact number. I have to agree with the previous guy, and say that I will avoid this outfit in future. They have not proven themselves reputable to me.
gus2010

Location: Vehicle is in Scotland, I visit it once a year from Australiark Saudi, soon Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 15:21    Post subject: Easy Jap Parts Reply with quote

In Fairness I have to post this:
I got back in touch with Easy Jap Parts to get that receipt for the engine I bought from them ages ago (see separate post).

It took a while (another letter, two weeks, one week of constant phonecalls) but eventually they sent me the receipt for the engine so I can now prove all that I have had done on my Landcruiser 2.

However, I stand by my previous statement that customer service is not really their forte....
nathanrobo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Easy Jap Parts Reply with quote

Completely concur!  I have had two separate dealings with these monkeys (First time I put down to mistakes and misunderstandings) 2nd time I was lied to, deliberately sent faulty goods and told that they would only refund if I paid to send the items back, they would then test the parts and make a decision.  I'd definitely not trust them to do what they say.  

I found a number of sites online complaining about EJP (They are well known to Trading Standards too!)

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/3136/companyname/Easy-Jap-Parts-Ltd.html

http://www.danfreakley.co.uk/blog/naughty-easy-jap-parts-ltd/

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f75/easy-jap-parts-not-so-easy-42042/

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=665

Regards

Njavascript:emoticon('Sad')
nathanrobo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 13:53    Post subject: Easy Jap Parts Reply with quote

All please be aware!! These scammers are now claiming that Easy Jap Parts no longer exist.  Although they refused to give out any names I'm sure that I spoke to a guy who went by the name of Tony (real name Umar).  Telephone number and address remain the same.  I urge anyone caught out by these clowns to contact trading standards and their M.P.  It's too easy for crooks to scam decent folk, fold their bogus companies and start up the next day in a different name Sad
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already posted on this item on another thread. But in short, I got excellent service from them - and I met 'Tony' too. How did I get excellent service? Because I drove there and badgered them into a deal and helped get the part that I wanted off the  axle.

This is a SCRAP YARD not a modern, well managed business.

If you really need a part and you can get there, then give it a go, but via post - I wouldn't give it a consideration.

Sorry to Tony and the boys there, but how anything ever got out of that barn to a satisfied customer is a mystery that even the great Hercule Poirot himself couldn't solve, even if Jonathan Creek popped around to help. The place that I went to looked like a disused mill in a mostly residential area of Birmingham. There were banners outside with different company names on - all with the same phone number. Inside it was like a taxi dispatch office with a little window to talk though and piles of oil car parts all over the floor.

I know that there has been some past confusion with exactly who this company is.

There is a similarly named Co who are apparently good.

LC
Lumbering Jack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had dealings with them a couple of years back when I wanted a 2.4 td engine to go in my hilux, the engine arrived weeks late with bits missin (that were agreed on before sale) and  all wires, pipes etc were just gassed through.  Spoke to Tony on the phone lots of times to try and get the bits and in the end got that fed up I told them I was driving down there and confirmed what time they closed.  4 hour drive, gets there before they shut to find them locking up, stood me ground and did get most of what I needed in the end.

Finally got it fitted it turned out it had a cracked head (they told me they bench test everything).  Rang and was polite etc and they tried to wiggle out of the warranty, spoke with trading standards and then rang them back, they just laughed and said they've dealt with the small claims loads of times.  Managed to Get a "reconditioned" head out of them eventually but had to fit it myself.  20,000 miles later the head cracked again.  Great.  Thank you easy jap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: