All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

what size tyres on lc 120 as standard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fast but dim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:01    Post subject: what size tyres on lc 120 as standard Reply with quote

quickie:

what size tyres are fitted as standard to a 53 plate lc 4?

i've got some 245/70/17  grabber at2's , will they be ok on my new bus?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the resident tyre expert, but I don't think that they will fit your rims. With different rims, the tyres will certainly fit, but 245 onto a rim that usually takes 265? That might cross a rim size. Someone will be along in a moment, I'm sure.

C
fast but dim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

google has turned up an oe tyre size of 265/R65/17,  which is about the same radius as my 245/70/17 's.

just need to know if the narrower tyre will fit the rim.
fast but dim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, found a rim width calculator, my old tyre will fit a 17" rim between 7 and 8.5 inches, which poses the question what is the rim widthe of the wheels fitted a 53 plate lc 4 120.

if its over 8.5" wide i'll either have to shell out for a new set of AT's, or but steel wheels to fit my AT's to. Mad
seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are 7.5 inch.

Joe
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 265/65x17 on 7.5 rims on the UK 120. The UN basic one on steel wheels is 245/70x17. IIRC
fast but dim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

phew, thanks everyone, i've got to get the at's taken off my discoand get some part worns put on, then i can trade it in for my cruser, then i've got to get the AT's fitted to the landcruiser.

pain in the *beep*, but i cannot drive a 4x4 with road tyres on, there's nothing  looks worse than getting stuck in an offroader.

hopefully will get the tyres sorted tomorrow then i can pick up my new car  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: