All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Sunroof stuck open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip C

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25    Post subject: Sunroof stuck open Reply with quote

Hey everone. New landcruiser owner and new to this forum but need help. The sunroof on my 2003 LC4 120 is fully stuck open and now its snowing!!!!!! Opened it back fully today no problem untill i went to close it  Mad . Its like one side is stuck and iv tried pulling it by hand as some one else pushes the button but i still can't get it. In side for the night but really need it for monday.
Also rear parking sensors aren't working but thats not important for now.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello if you do a search on here some members have had the same problem, not sure how easy it is to fix though.

Joe
Philip C

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look around but could't find any "quick fix" solution. Thanks tho
SANDCASTLE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Philip
   I have a 2005 LC4 and have owned it for 1 year and it has had 3 sunroof repairs. I hope  it's under waranty as each repair has cost between £800-£1500.(under waranty) If you try and pull on the side that looks stuck and get someone to press the button it should close?
Good luck
Mr T told me thay are a very poor sunroof and has replaced lots of them. (sorry )

Paul Sad
dannyson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, mine did the same a few years ago when still in warranty .... otherwise mr t said looking at £2,000  Shocked   They never could tell me why it stuck open .. just not very good they said ... there was no way any pulling and lugging on it would close it!... so now I never open the repaired one fully unless I leave my finger on the button too long by mistake! Embarassed

Sorry for the bad news .... but you could probably get it fixed a lot cheaper elsewhere?  keep us all posted please
Philip C

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it closed eventually but it wasn't easy. Even with three of us pulling on it it wouldn't come so in the end had to take down the roof cloth and drop down the whole sunroof. From there it was a case of pushing it back and forward millimeter by millimeter with a big screwdriver while working the motor which in turn drained the battries Evil or Very Mad
Got in closed anyway and left the motor plugged out cos I ain't getting caught again.
I think a number of things could be wrong with it. Damaged rails (but we could have caused that), damaged cables, and i think the motor might have skiped a cog because the cables are not pulling evenly.
Ill try and get a complete sunroof at some stage on flea-bay or something but for now its staying closed
dannyson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they did say - as far as I remember - was the tracking wires on the pulley thingy coming off one side - the nearside I think though they could give no reason for it except as I said 'not very good sunroofs'.   Before it became stuck open it had begun to make clonking noises as it was on the final 'fold away' - if you get my drift and then eventually some grinding noises in addition to the clunk and I thought unusual noise and maybe need to get it checked out - and that was that - the next time it opened was the last time!  Crying or Very sad   Probably not much good to you but thought I'd mention it anyway - might help others keep an ear out for similar symptoms. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: