4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Condenser probs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 22:21    Post subject: Condenser probs Reply with quote

Had the air con re gassed in october & the guy who done it for me added some dye to show up any leaks under ultra violet light, well ive got a leak & it means a new condenser, hate to think what toyota will want for one does anybody know of any suppliers in the south bucks area

Brian

94 VX 4.2 Td Import
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 22:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, did your man check the rest of the system for leaks as well? They often leak from the pipes that run under the headlamps, as well as the pipe that runs across the bulkhead.

I'll look up the price of one on monday. Does yours have rear a/c, or do you have a part # as it's an import?
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:44    Post subject: Condenser Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

As Dave says the whole system needs checking but you could try this firm, I was after one for a Merc Sprinter Van last year, and they seem to come up with the cheepest price, They are not a Toyota part but seem ok.

Barry Eynon

t: +44 1453 828781

f: +44 1453 828167

e: be@macair.uk.com

w: www.macair.uk.com

Steve
joinerman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Yes he checked the rest of the system & it is also leaking from an alluminium square block just in front & to the left of the condenser, he said to replace that as well to be on the safe side but not sure what it is. To be fair to him i cought him at a really busy time & he was on his own & he didn't have to much time to tell me what the block was. He's also gone on holls today.

No it does not have rear AC

Brian
DaveN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the block the pipe goes into? If it is, then it's all part of the condensor. You'll also need a new drier. Is it running R134a refrigerant, or still on R12? Changeover year was 93, but sometimes the dates of imports get 'changed'.

What are the service ports like? And where is the drier, up by the battery, or down behind the front bumper?
joinerman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Yes there is a pipe going from the block to the condeser , It's using R134a refridgerent & as for the service ports & drier i dont have a clue about them, What am i looking for?

Brian
DaveN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have a sticker on the front panel saying R134a and ND8 oil? If so, then it's factory R134a.

If possible get a part number for the condensor and filter/drier, as R12 systems used different parts, but there may have been some left over when they went to R134a, so you get an R12 system with R134 gas. There are also some dealer fit options around.

Also make sure the bolts holding the pipe joints to the condensor will come undone, otherwise you'll need new bolts as well.

I'll get some prices tomorrow on UK 1994 parts, and I'll check my parts outside, as I may have a filter there.
DaveN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

A condensor is £135 +vat, and the drier is £20 + vat plus a tenner shipping. These are for a UK 94 model running R134a.
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Thanx for all the info, i know the sticker says R134a from memory but not sure about the oil, will have a look tomorrow in the daylight. As for the prices i thought it would be a lot more, i expect it will be a bit dearer being an import,
Where do i get the part number you said about, do you mean from Toyota?

Brian
DaveN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the sticker says R134a, that's the important bit.

They're good prices, as they're straight trade prices from a supplier I have extremely good terms with.

The Toyota part number is what I really need. I'm pretty sure Toyota used the same part world-wide, even for trucks with rear air, they simply added an additional electric fan on the same condensor. The only reason I'm being careful, is because the earlier condensors are exactly the same, but with a different size hole in the connections, and you don't know it's incorrect until making the connections.

If you fancy a run down to Horsham one day, we can fit the parts and I'll recharge it for you. I keep all the O rings required, as well as the PAG oil.
joinerman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

The sticker does say ND8
I spoke to Toyota today out of curiosity on prices
Condenser £310
Drier £37
Valve £18
All plus vat
Would take 14 working days to get from Japan
I will get part numbers tomorrow if i get time.

Brian
DaveN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the parts are different to UK ones, though I did a drier on an R12 import, and the partsmatched.

What's the valve for £18?
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

It's the block i mentioned above, Toyota say it's a valve

Brian
DaveN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the valve is. As far as I can see, there is only the condensor, with a pipe connection on the left (as you look at it) about half way up, and one on the right about half way up. The one on the left has a pipe coming out of the top of it, that goes up the side of the condensor, then into the top of the condensor, thats the inlet.

Is that the part you're talking about? I don't think it is, as it's not available seperately, it's fixed to the condensor.
Towpack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these..............

http://www.autorads.co.uk

1998 HDJ80 Amazon VX 4.2TD
2004 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2011 Ducati 1198SP (Sold)
2012 kawasaki ZZr1400
2002 Honda XR650R (BRP)- STOLEN GRRRRR!!!
2010 Husaberg FE570....YIPPEEEEE!!!!
2003 GT XCR3000
1995 Border Collie-Passed away 23-5-2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: