NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Moving Indicators from Rear Bumper to Rear Light Cluster

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildmutt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, found my photos so lets see if I can do this right.   I used some capless bulb holders from an old motor cycle dash I had lying round in the shed.You could use any of this type of bulb holder to do this. I drilled two holes  just large enough to take the holders in the back of the reversing lamp lens(think from memory the holes where 10mm dia). The holders are a tight fit into these to stop them coming out. Having hoovered out the lens to get all the shavings out I then fitted the orange bulbs to the holders and fitted them in.

You should be able to see the holes in the back of the lens in this shot.
I made up a multi block connector for all the extra lights in the upper lenses to make removing easier. The extra lights include side and brakelights in the upper red section , reversing lights both sides and a nearside foglight. The extra holders all came from a Honda motor cycle but any jap car will have these. I just drilled a 22mm hole in the middle of the lens back and then used a stanley knife to cut out the slots. If you look on the back of the lenses you will see the lines to cut out.

This works quite well even in direct sunlighjt and stops the idiots behind you shouting about your indicators not  working when parked at junctions waiting to turn right, etc.

I got this idea from a Disco I was following one day and progressed from there. I tried using LEDs at first but needed too many to get the light bright enough. THis way you keep the reversing light and get two indicators each side. I wiil soon be replacing my light clusters with some from a 2000 model with clear lenses on top. Forgot to mention that I use LED bulbs in my upper lenses to reduce load on the electrics and using the smaller bulbs in the indicators doesn't make the towing buzzer in the back work all the time   HTH

Keeping everyone happy is impossible. Pissing them off is a piece of cake......I like cake.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 22:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: