4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rate NFU Mutual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate NFU Mutual
Excellent!
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
Very good
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Average
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Below par
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 27

tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 22:50    Post subject: Rate NFU Mutual Reply with quote

NFU Mutual keep coming up with some great deals for 4x4 Owners - not JUST for motor insurance, but for a broad range of financial and insurance products!

Click HERE, (or the logo, above), to link to their website for more information.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 22:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

vxtd

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be good for you as an insurer, but trying to get them to settle a claim - hopeless 12months of waiting.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

vxtd wrote:
may be good for you as an insurer, but trying to get them to settle a claim - hopeless 12months of waiting.

Hi vxtd

I think you must be VERY unlucky, or you are not holding your face right  Laughing

I have been with the NFU for a number of years now, and admitting they are not they cheapest insurer, but I have always found them
to be fantastic when having to claim.

I have the cruiser, my caravan,2.5 ton trailer, and works van with them, and my son has insurance with them, and here is a few examples:

My son turned his car over(no other cars involved) and they paid out more than the car was bought for six months before, and had the cheque
within two weeks.
my van was rammed by a HGV and written off, got a phone call off the assessor three days after the accident, making a offer, to which I was not
happy, and told him to go and rethink, he then phoned me back the day after, with a offer, and I put two grand to it and got a brand new Van, and the
other one was 18 months old, and got the cheque again within two weeks.
And finally I have just had my caravan broken into, and a load of damage and a TV stolen, I phoned them up and told them where the van was, three
days later phone call to say go ahead with the repairs, but they told me I had no personal cover for things like the TV, I told them that I had, they went
away, and phoned me back next day to say sorry they had dropped a clanger when I got my new caravan and forgot to add to new policy, and would
honor the tv claim as well.

This lot seems a lot of claims, but have been over some years, but as said never had a problem when claiming, only with the price of the premiums, but
well worth the extra

Radiotwo
TobyJug

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb is all that I can say about them....  Laughing
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with the NFU for years with LRs. But I can save almost £200 by not using them now with the LC.

But they are great to deal with.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 stars Cool

They came out second cheapest for me last year after Sureterm (who messed me about no end with my VW camper, took them 3 months after I'd paid them for them to send me the certificate!). NFU would have to price well above their rivals to stop me going to them though, I always think they're worth the extra as they're so damn helpful. I've just renewed with them and they've changed my policy from TPFT (+other vehicles, +green card) to fully comp' for less than £2 extra Very Happy

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to NFU when I got my trailer. It's a 3.5 tonne horse box and they were happy to insure the trailer with the car (100 series Amazon) as a package deal. Otherwise, insurance for the trailer came with lots of limitations.

I haven't checked their prices because I couldn't find anyone else willing to insure the car and trailer this way. The only limitation is that anything I carry inside the trailer isn't covered unless I have my house contents insurance with NFU as well which seems a bit screwy. However, I gave up arguing with insurance companies many years ago.

I use the trailer for 'domestic' purposes rather than as part of a business in case you were wondering.

Willy
Bat21

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I found out last year following our near death accident in Spain, cheap insurance is cheap for a reason!

I was insured with eCar who, to put it mildly, for us were a bunch of incompetent fools.

I switched to NFU at renewal time, we have a branch in town so you can see who you are dealing with face to face. They are not the cheapest but, to me quality of service is far more important than price.
tapitout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was insured with NFU 2 years ago, excellent quote plus free cover for my trailer then my renewal doubled for no reason same thing happened with my mates lc 80. then had a quote last week nearly double what I pay with ecar.
GB2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 19:29    Post subject: Re: Rate NFU Mutual Reply with quote

Just tried to get a qoute for a Landcruiser Prado import - Was told that I needed to get the car converted to UK standard before they could insure.  Then they changed their mind and said actually we wouldnt insure.  Not impressed.

tlocuk wrote:

NFU Mutual keep coming up with some great deals for 4x4 Owners - not JUST for motor insurance, but for a broad range of financial and insurance products!

Click HERE, (or the logo, above), to link to their website for more information.
CompanyMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience of NFU Mutual is that they may or may not be good if you can get cover, but if you have any sort of points on your licence or vehicle modifications, forget it.
Morlich

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waste of time, IMHO

£700 quote,

I have a clean license, 19 years no claims, I am in my mid 40's

I have a 2005 LC4 with a Safari Snorkel and lattiude freeways winch bumper and a Superwinch EP9000, not too unusual set of mods.

I did tell them I was a member here, European Land Cruisers Owners club and on Pradopoint..
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFU are unbeatable.
Very good, and good to communicate with.

The £700 you were quoted, is quite out of charachter.
Give a direct  email I supply below.
£398 last year, £472 this year yet to start.
LC3 2005.

Quoted from the other forum

""Hello all,

Well it's that time of the year again, and time for the insurance to be renewed on the 120.
previous 12 months cost was £398, with NFU.
This year NFU have quoted £472.

A rise of £74. this is about 18%
Good, bad, or indifferent?

Leanne, at the local NFU, has said to me that the average price rise is around 40%
Leanne_Ibbotson@nfumutual.co.uk

G.
Morlich

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wil give them another go, as I would like the green lane cover etc.  

But, Admiral at £376 fully comp, protected ncb, with declared mods is looking good even though no green lane cover.  

Cheers
A
Juddian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is now fairly old, but we were insured with NFU for everything up until about 5 years ago, then the premiums just rocketed, we now have only the dog insured with them more's the pity.

During our many years with them we had one LC70 series write off and at home a lightning strike on a nearby premises which caused all sorts of electrical items to fail...except for Sony products that is...both claims were dealt with efficiently and more than fairly.

Every other year i requote with them in the vain hope they can get within twice the cost of good quality alternatives, we would love to return to them but sadly the quotes that come back are little short of comic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: