Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Few issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2toyotas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 16:06    Post subject: Few issues Reply with quote

Hi, i hope everyone had a good Christmas?

I have a 120 prado D4D 3.0 auto, recently had the injectors done,  now having a few issues
Blue smoke on start up
Low revs vibration enough to cause side wings to vibrate
Constant black smoke when ever throttle is touched
Acceleration surge
Kick down works when it wants to,

Any help is much appreciated,  im struggling with her, cant afford a mechanic at this time,
She's the family wagon, the works mobile,  very important to us

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 16:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

frog1520

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it OK before you had the injectors done?

Did the trouble start immediately after?

If so I'd go back to where you got the injectors done and tell them to sort it.

You could also look at the live data via Tectstream to see whats happening with the fuel pressure and the injectors; see if you can see anything out of spec.  You might also be able to use that information to prove an injector problem if you take it back.
TR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the new injectors codes get entered correctly
2toyotas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah soon as i got it back from the mechanics it started playing up, even with failing injectors it still preformed better then what its doing now, the mechanic swears blind its not the injectors   i have 12 months warranty on them so im not worried about that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: