4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lc5 ride height problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:49    Post subject: Lc5 ride height problem Reply with quote

Hi I hope someone can help I have recently purchased a landcruiser lc5
and when brought I got it home and the ride height was not working
Returned it to the garage and they have replaced both rear shocks and
A ride height adjuster I now have the car back and the height of the car
Is really high there is about a foot gap between the top of the tyre and
The rear wing does any one know what else could be wrong with it thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

ian.stevens

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I know this was an old post, but if anyone else has the same problem, have a look at replacing the ride height sensors.  having already replaced the compressor (Miessler Automotaive) and the bags, my ride height was to high for me to be able to tow.  Just got two new sensors for £68 off e bay with 5 star reviews.  All sorted in a couple of hours.
I had to replace the old sensors as the linkages were to cruddy to make an adjustment.  If your car isn't as old as mine, you may well be able to clean the linkages up and not have to replace them.  Be lucky, Ian.
MLR-NEW21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 18:11    Post subject: LC5 ride height & suspension problem Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to the club and came across it searching the web for LC5 air suspension problems.

I have an Apr 2004 LC5 - 129k miles. Haven't done a lot off-roading with it.

Recently I noticed the rear end dropping down and 'hang' with almost no gap between the top of the rear tyres and the wheel arch.

When starting the car the compressor kicks in and gets it to the set ride height which is Normal. Sometimes it stays at the set ride height even when parked overnight, but sometimes it will drop down again. It would always reset the height when starting (hear the compressor working) and I can set the height with the high, normal and low setting in the car.

Yesterday however, it seemed to get stuck in the low position - the compressor does not any more kick in when you start the car as before, and the shocks are as stiff/hard as it can get (very very bumpy) in the low position and I can't get it to reset - the ride height indicator shows 'Normal' and won't go to 'High' when pressing the button. Because it is in the low setting and the shocks are hard, every little bump in the road transfers to the car.

Would you all say that the sensors are the problem but do i also need to look at the compressor? What else do I need to look into?

Thanks

Marius le Roux
ian.stevens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I unfortunately let my leaking bags go for to long and eventually had to replace the compressor.  Sounds like you may have the same problem.
It is ECU controlled, so you may be lucky and be able to clear the ECU by cycling through the low high settings.  I was told to do this with the engine running, but don't touch the pedals while doing it.  From low through to high twice, up down up down.
Either way, get those air units replaced.

Good luck.
MLR-NEW21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ian. Had it at the garage today and it came up with diagnostic code C1751 with the following causes: height control compressor (HCC). HCC harness open or shorted, or HCC circuit poor electrical connection.

I'm thinking to get the compressor replaced but also both the air Air Suspension Spring Bags. Does that sound about right? No need for the sensors to be replaced though..?

Thanks

MLR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: