4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Window wiper arms. Prado 1996

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trogg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53    Post subject: Window wiper arms. Prado 1996 Reply with quote

Hi guys. Repainting my wiper arms and I've got them mixed up. Can somebody please confirm which side the wiper arms fits to? Tried dealer and all I got was its different part numbers. Found an answer for US left hand drive but mines a right hand drive. I think the longest one goes to drivers side. UK offside.
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Beastrider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - mine is a 1999 Uk Colorado right hand drive. The steel wiper arms are identical as far as I can measure - ~500mm from the spindle to the hook. Toyota wiper blades are both 19” but the drivers side has a spoiler. Maybe it’s different on a Prado. How different are they?
drew m

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Mine are identical to on a 1999 colorado swb.
Drew
Trogg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for looking. Hook section on one is 142mm and on the other 152mm. Markings differ but the only ones that to seem to be useful are 5554 6r NWB on one and 5555 6R NWB on the other. Silly little puzzel. I'll probably just mount them and see what happens. I did keep them sorted but well hey ho shit happens. I've never changed them but who's to say what occured in old Prados eastern life.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my VZJ95 - a LWB RHD 1997 UK Colorado, both the wiper arms are identical.

BTW the OEM wiper blade lengths are slightly different - IIRC it's 20" drivers and 19" passenger or something similar but you can easily fit the larger (driver's) size to both sides with no fouling issues.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. If yours are different and you can't remember which goes on which side, I would fit the longer one to the driver's side, as I believe it sweeps a slightly larger area than the passenger side wiper.
Trogg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Fitted the longest to drivers side and all seems OK. On very close inspection not only are the arms differrent lengths there is also a difference in the twist at the hook part which would affect the angle the blades sit on the the windscreen. I bought a pair of used UK Colorado wiper arms and they are identical to my Japenese Prado. (Why? Full strip, repaint and I'm curious) Pasenger side wiper would overlap the edge of windscreen if that was the longer one! Seems you can't get them mixed up anyway. It would be a dead givaway with proper size blades. I've not actually checked this by swopping them! Crikey. I don't half make life complicated. Oh and there is a factory Blue Dot mark on the longest UK wiper arm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: