4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

R600p - a mobile Solar and Battery Setup - too for 4x4 rigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:27    Post subject: R600p - a mobile Solar and Battery Setup - too for 4x4 rigs Reply with quote

This week that small and tiny 8.5kg device did arrive. It is not on the market yet - I did go successfully through the risk of crowfunding.

My Plan is to "renew" my Powersolution in my Landcruiser 200, which was my mobile Home during travelling, from Transafrica, Europa till south america

My current setup is classic, 95 AH AGM Battery, Solenoid, Inverter, Booster very heavy (35kg) and bulky. Lets see if that tiny and shiny new R600 Pro can replace a classic power-setup! I dont think it will be more capable.

But it should be exactly what we Overlanders who are sleeping in our smaller cars should need: Power for a 12v compressor fridge, camera, smartphone and probably a drone or video cam. Ready to charge by Wall, Car and Solar.

Will the Ecoflow R600pro be that solution?

Here I did compare the R600Pro to other brands bevore I did order:  Crowdfunding: Ecoflow R600 Solarbatterie vs Goalzero 400

Here you find some:   first impressions of the R600 Pr

There is a language Switch to the right.

The first view tests did run very well so far! The embedded 220v Inverter even fire up my Water heater who is rated for 1800W.

And the embedded USB-C Port with 100W is able to charge any modern notebook like the Lenovo Yoga X1 (Gen5) or MacBook Pro (2020). So we dont have to use the 110/220v Power Adapter for charge them!

I did also link some more or less critical reviews of the older small Unit R600Max.

We will see in further Tests, if these Issues are still existing and if they are relevant for us on the road.

If you would like to see some special tests - give me here some questions and I will do my best.

4x4tripping
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Surfy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so lucky to be able to work on my rig!  And to test my new power setup at severall trips  Wink

I did went the way with crowdfunding to get one of the Ecoflow R600 Pro. Lucky me, because it will not hit the market with lifepo4. But the Ecoflow River Pro is near the same with Lithium batterys.  The shipping did arrive late, at december 2020.

I did remove my 95 AH Battery, a 25a DC DC Booster, a 600w Sine-Inverter, MTTP Solar charger, a Wall Charger and cables - it was 35kg - 77 lbs where I did spent around 1500$ 10 years ago.  And I just add this small and lightweigt Ecoflow device with 8.5kg / 18.7lbs what isnt near that expensive.

Here is my detailed review and new setup:
https://vanlife.4x4tripping.com/2021/06/vanlife-offgrid-power-solution-solar.html.html

It is a perfect fit for overlanding purpose! Did was able to stay a week self-sufficent offgrid just with solar (and still full batterys afterwards). Would work too in a boat, a tiny house or similar.

There are severall competitor products - but no one was able to fulfil our need that well.

Surfy
Surfy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to test my new setup a while. To challenge it even with 2 fridges (what isnt my current setup in europe) - I had the time for, because I had an heavy addicent (not with a car).

I am needing power for two 12v compressor fridges (Freezer / Fridge), my Notebook, Camera, Smartphone, Tablet, Drone, some LED Lights at night.

I did  it 9 years ago as a DYI Project for beeing able to staying self sufficent some days offgrid with my travelling car.

At 2011 $1500 not a cheapie, very capable, 95 AH AGM Battery, B2B Booster, Inverter, Solarcharger, Batterymonitor. Writeup classic powersetup (35kg AGM): https://www.4x4tripping.com/2020/04/die-stromversorgung-im-reisefahrzeug.html

Did serve my well during my transafrica and further international journeys.

Then I did try the same at 2021, with LiFePO4  and new components. I wasnt able to beat this ecoflow device in weight, size or price. Here is my updated Setup from 2021:

At 2021 710$ LiFePO4/Lithium 576Wh Battery solution with 8.5kg. Writeup mobile offgrid solar solution with LiFePO4: https://vanlife.4x4tripping.com/2021/07/vanlife-offgrid-power-solution-with-solar.html
It is still strong enough, and I did save a lot of weight and get new space inside of my car.

- It allows to charge with 500W(!!) at campsites, 200W with Solar, 120W during driving with 12v. Just sun let my consuments running extended (weeks) during summer with one 100W EFTE Solar Panel (!!).
  - You can charge most devices directly with 12v, even a Mac Book pro -  because there is a 100W USB-C Socket.
  - 1200W/600W Power Inverter 110v/220v. As you can see, he can run (with undervolting) many devices like a water kettle witch use power way about specs.
  - You have an App to use as remote control and have a good Battery Computer.,
  - it is small, lightweigt with 8.5kg.

You cant get it smaller and more lightweigt even with using double of the cash as a DYI Project, without dropping some requirements. It is perfect for my Power consuments named above.

I`m currently on a detailed writeup about a DYI Project for a bigger LiFePO4 project, still struggeling to get  a USB-C 100W Port for 12v as example.

Those Battery boxes bring a great value! And Ecoflow has the best specs, if you look at the details. And the buildquality is great, I have add a dismantle disassembly and teardown video in my link above.

You can still find LiFePO4 based new/used devices in the FB Group if you ask -and are willing to pay shipping/import. Otherwise you have to optain with lithium specs Wink

Surfy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Overland / offroad preparation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: