4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New member - from NZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 21:34    Post subject: New member - from NZ Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm a recent convert from ITOCUK (Isuz Trooper owners) having just purchased a 1994 SX Prado, 3.0TD.

Must say I've been quite a fan of the 70s since I was a youngster  Very Happy Came close to purchasing one on a couple of occasions, but as the old saying goes "you snooze you loose". So 1 Land Rover, and 3 Isuzus later, I finally have the dream car parked in the shed  Shocked

It's a fantastic truck! Feels very strong and stable. The engine, although supposidly slightly smaller to the Isuzu, leaves the poor old 3.1 Isuzu for dead!  Wink

Looking forward to meeting some like'minded people, and of course finding out more about this motor I've invested in, lol.

Cheers,
Mike.

Last edited by mbw13 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:43; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you guys sure are quiet, lol  Very Happy

Have just spent a little over 1K on some new tread. Decided to go with GoodYear Wrangler ATR's again plus the wheel alignment.

Will have a look around the forum to try and get my post level higher so I can upload (paste links to) pictures of the beast  Very Happy

Perhaps a little more info about myself:
Primary school teacher, teache at a rural primary school 10 minutes from home. Half English, half Kiwi - same goes for my citizenship, both British and NZ.

I've only ever owned 4x4s, wouldn't own anything else. Here's the list of vehicles I've owned in order.
1. 1988 Isuzu Trooper 2.6L petrol - assembled by General Motors NZ.
2. 1996 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 petrol - sold as was too expensive to run!  Shocked
3. 1990 Isuzu Bighorn Irmscher 2.8TDI - written off in an accident.
4. 1996 Isuzu Wizard LTD 3.1TD - same as a Vauxhall Frontera - currently for sale sitting in the driveway.
5. 1994 Toyota Landcruiser Prado SX - 3.0TD - the best out of the lot!  Very Happy

Last edited by mbw13 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:44; edited 1 time in total
Moses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the club. Sorry it is a bit quiet on here, I stumbled over the tumbleweed to answer your post Shocked  Laughing  Laughing The member base is increasing slowly but surely with a lot of good quality posts Laughing  Laughing
Your input would be most welcome, especially from a NZ point of view. Exclamation

Glad you like the landcruiser Laughing  I bought the 80 a few years ago and am normally wanting to change by now but there is no chance of that, unless it is for another Landcruiser Laughing

Trev
Sat Nav Free Zone
mbw13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses wrote:
Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the club. Sorry it is a bit quiet on here, I stumbled over the tumbleweed to answer your post Shocked  Laughing  Laughing The member base is increasing slowly but surely with a lot of good quality posts Laughing  Laughing
Your input would be most welcome, especially from a NZ point of view. Exclamation

Glad you like the landcruiser Laughing  I bought the 80 a few years ago and am normally wanting to change by now but there is no chance of that, unless it is for another Landcruiser Laughing

Trev

Thanks for the welcome Trev!  Very Happy

Was worried you guys were anti NZers or something, lol.

The 80s look like ver respectable vehicles! We've got heaps of them here! Must say though the bigger engine is more then what I need. Hopefully soon I'll be able to take some pics of my wagon! Dam rain won't give up lately.

Was the 70 series sold in the UK?

Just been reading through the import paperwork. Turns out my beast is a KZJ78 - hmm, now to find some bullbars - well the standard bolt ontop jobby anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: