Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A/C not working...Relay swop not sure....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 21:09    Post subject: A/C not working...Relay swop not sure.... Reply with quote

Hi all, the A/C on our 2013 LC5 has suddenly stopped working, on our old 120 the indicator light would flash if the pressure was low (I think from memory), the light is currently on. On my 120 it was the relay, so I swopped it for another identical one on the fuse board to confirm it was this that was the problem. I want to do the same on our 150, and there is another identical relay but it says its for the 'ST 2 oil pressure', I'm a bit reluctant to mess with it as I'm not sure what it does.
Can anyone throw any light on this or suggest where I can get a relay that doesn't require a loan from the IMF!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 21:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look elsewhere before a relay, poss a fuse but more likely to be a loss of gas
timbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, took it to my local garage who are an A/C centre and have diagnostic equipment, no leeks and no loss of coolant, which is what I had thought. I had already checked relay and all fuses including the one under the dashboard, a further diagnostic has flagged up an open circuit pressure sensor, so have ordered one, fingers crossed.
timbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say 'coolant', refrigerant of course, incidentally I had a 2003 120 with 180k miles, never needed re gassing, but did need a relay.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbo wrote:
Did I say 'coolant', refrigerant of course, incidentally I had a 2003 120 with 180k miles, never needed re gassing, but did need a relay.

Yes I was going to pick you up on that but you will have to have it repassed after the Pressure switch, but I would take it to a gas place first to recover the gas
as its illegal to vet the gas to air
timbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it turned out to be the pressure sensor, all good now. OBD port did its job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: