4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Reversing sensors not working after trailer board removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RihardP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:06    Post subject: Reversing sensors not working after trailer board removed Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I have a LC3 J120 '58 plate.
Recently I put a bike rack on the back and added a number plate board, with a electrical adaptor 13pin on car to 7 pin on the board.
I was a bit relieved that the reversing sensors were disabled while the rack was on the back. For clarity they were working prior to this point.
I guess it was predictable that they didn't start working after the plug was removed. 
I have been putting up them not working, but wondered if there was an easy fix that anybody here can suggest?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 18:13    Post subject: Re: Reversing sensors not working after trailer board remove Reply with quote

RihardP wrote:
Hi everybody, I have a LC3 J120 '58 plate.
Recently I put a bike rack on the back and added a number plate board, with a electrical adaptor 13pin on car to 7 pin on the board.
I was a bit relieved that the reversing sensors were disabled while the rack was on the back. For clarity they were working prior to this point.
I guess it was predictable that they didn't start working after the plug was removed. 
I have been putting up them not working, but wondered if there was an easy fix that anybody here can suggest?

Cheers

Have you left the 13pin to 7 pin adaptor plugged in ?
RihardP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I unplugged the adaptor, and after I realised there was a problem, I squirted a bit of contact cleaner in the socket...
karl2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought there was a switch to turn them on and off?
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl2000 wrote:
I always thought there was a switch to turn them on and off?

to turn what on or off ?
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm well late into this, and been awol from forum for a while, sorry, but as Karl says, there is a switch (but only on some, I believe) and to answer Steve(radio2) question, this turns off the REAR parking sensors.

I have one on mine, but it is a deliberate act to operate the switch which is well away from the tow bar connections.
For information to anyone, it is in the n/s cubby in rear area where 3rd row seating is.
It's a tiny rocker switch in the forward open facing area inside of that cubby, and not instantly visible unless you crane your neck.

Just to add for info again, there is another different 'switch' button for the FRONT sensors on the lower dash near drivers right knee, that can be pushed when ignition on/engine started. (It has a small glowing green light that is barely seen) - this disables them, but when ignition/engine switched off, the sensors automatically revert to working again until using the same procedure as stated.

Some crazy thinking by Mr T !
RihardP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will check out the cubby for a switch.
RihardP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it, thanks, now works like a dream and I even know how to turn off the sensors when I put the bike rack on, which presumably happened by co incidence last time!
Top Xmas present from the forum,
Have a good one everybody.
Tractionman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result ! 😀
Odd how that happened, as I think it's put there deliberately by Mr T so it is out of the way of accidental operation.

Have a good 'un, one and all. 🎅
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: