All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My first Landcruiser, well from tommorow!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ampaal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 21:05    Post subject: My first Landcruiser, well from tommorow!! Reply with quote

Just a quick helllloooooo. Having owned Landrover series three, classic Range Rover (which I semi restored) and a P38 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (Which I had to replace the engine, gearbox, main elecrics fuse box and other parts totaling £11.000!!!!...Yup that is £11.000.....) and having been a Solihull lover for many years, it is time for a change.....(and a rest, ish, for the bank account). Needed something capable of towing caraven of 1815 max weight so started looking at Amazons first but then at 120's. After veiwing a couple of supposed A1 condition private I stumbled upon my baby (On forecourt of main dealer next to pub/restaurant visit on a regular basis, only spotted due to the good lady smoking and we had a walk around while she had an after dinner fag!!!!). Not only was she covered in my favorite black paint, she had also been reduced by £2000 making the screen price cheeper than some private sales had looked at!.... This was a saturday evening, needless to say, Sunday we returned. She is an LC5 and has rear DVD (Toyota fit) and tracker low milage, good overall condition........Test drive was good......haggled on little things that needed sorting, got 12 months Toyota warranty.......sold. Have had to wait for tow bar to be fitted and other bits sorted and I am picking her up tommorow. Can't wait.... That's it for now, will report once driven properly.... Bye for now. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 21:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DJR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase!

I'm sure you'll love it..  

And you'll enjoy the not having to spend a load of dosh on it every weekend!!!

Oh, and welcome!!! wave
ampaal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 13:47    Post subject: Picked her up...... Reply with quote

Yup, I picked her up on Saturday. Ahhhhhhh..........what a good day. Was given the obligatory, this is the steering wheel, this is the windscreen wiper control etc etc by a member of the dealers sales team.....took my time setting up my driving position, mirrors etc and then off I went.....to the end of the road out of sight of the Dealership so i could sit, grin and stroke the leather without the staff wondering if there was anything wrong with the car....well, me actually!!!!!! Then it was me and the other half deciding where to go for our first drive. It was decided to go to the eldedst sons flat to show him first as we hadn't told anyone that I had bought her (Still trying to work out why "she" is a she or is this a natural male thing with cars?????). So we duly arrived and was he impresed. It took only 5 mins for him to decide he prefered it to the Range Rover and the Mondeo ST220 (3 ltr V6 24 valve 155 mile an hour speed ticket inducing monster) I had also owned!!?? and i must admit that after now owning and driving her for two days, both I and the missus (Who also loved the Range Rover) agree, we prefere our new Landcruiser. All we have done for the weekend is drive round all over the place and loved it. Picked up on a couple of niggles (Nothing serious) that need sorting, which when I returned to the Dealership with my list, was no problem and have now booked a date to go back in and drive away in a courtesy car (the benefits of a Dealership purchase can be good....sometimes) untill all is sorted.

Anyway, I suppose I had best get some work done, so thank you to you, DJR, for the welcome. Bye for now
dSIco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, another Green Oval man turns to Toyota.

Just done the same myself after 4 years of 300tdi Disco expense.

Picked up a bargain basement 1990 LJ75 Cruiser.

Small 3 door beauty.  Stood in a field for a year and then been slowly brought back to life over the last 10 months...

Doesn't leak, break, wobble all over the motorway, amongst over characteristics...

Quite weird.  Haven't had to dip into my wallet yet!!

Don't get me wrong.  I loved my Disco.  Even crossed Iceland in it.  Just got to the point of costing too much.  I was at the garage every other week...

Anyway, welcome...

Si
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: