Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Any one got any parts??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 13:59    Post subject: Any one got any parts?? Reply with quote

I desperatly need the switch panel from the drivers door that controls the 2 electric windows and has the electronic window/door lock buttons. Mine has gone duff and not being able to open my windows is becoming a total nightmare. I have tried the parts gateway people with no success.
Thanks in advance

Tristan. [/img]
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 13:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

radiomans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi m8

I had a very sim prob and thought that it was the switch Embarassed

Have you checked the wiring that go from the drivers door through the
rubber gromit to the body ?, it all comes out behind the foot panel on drivers side

use a multi meter to make sure that all the wires that pass through this
point are ok.

I found that i had about 5\6 wires that had broke, this seems to happen
here as the drivers door is the most used door.

Happy Hunting and good luck

Radiomans
tristan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, i have checked all wiring and even taken all the switch gear apart, and it would appear from the burnt contacts that it is the one switch for the drivers window as everything else works fine.
tonka toy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 20:20    Post subject: me again Reply with quote

i had same prob with the switches, looked all black and smokey.
i took them apart and cleaned all the contacts with a nail file and it works fine now Razz
tristan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunch time today i parted with £165.00 for the switch assembly from my local toyta dealer, meanwhile my father in-law is in South Africa and could probably picked up the same part for £5.00 excellent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: