Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Landcruiser advice ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sconie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 16:09    Post subject: Landcruiser advice ? Reply with quote

Hi all, I currently have a LWB 2002 Trooper, but I am going to sell it and look for something a bit more road user friendly, as the Trooper can be bouncier than a box of frogs at times.

My question is, should I consider a Landcruiser to replace it ?, as we like the look of them and the fact that Toyota have great reliability, as we have a young family it would have to be the LWB model again, can anyone give me feedback on the handling of the Landcruiser.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 16:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved onto the LC from owning a Nissan 350Z and I have to say that I am quite impressed with the handling of this car despite its size.

The brakes are good.... although the suspension is soft it does not bounce too much.... it does hold the road well even though there is a fair amount of lean into the bends.... the steering is precise and nicely weighted Very Happy

I have the auto transmission and I like the way the box changes up and down the gears so all in all I rate the LC very highly Razz

I suggest this makes an ideal family car Very Happy  Go for it.... you know you want to Wink
davidgrime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 21:40    Post subject: lc,s Reply with quote

I may be biased but a landcruiser is a excelent choice for your next car. I have a lwb 2000 colorado vx, it is fantastic. go for it , you will not regret it.
essexeddie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one [auto] now for about 5 years now, had other 4x4's but this is the best!
Good ride very reliable,
Towed a large twin axle caravan to Spain [90 MPH] no problems.
Go for it!!!!!!!!!
Jonesie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have had a LC Prado (1996) for almost a month. Previously had a 1995 Shogun 2.8 TD and the difference is amazing. A lot smoother ride. I was a little worried before swapping because I tow a caravan that wieghs about 1.8 ton. The Prado has power to spare where the Shogun did pull ok but lacked the power to go past lorries etc ( might have been the gear ratios that let it down). Anyway the Prado is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: