2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Does 1HZ meet the Euro 1 emission requirements?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 18:56    Post subject: Does 1HZ meet the Euro 1 emission requirements? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm strongly considering importing a HZJ78 from UK to Denmark. For that matter I need some sort of proof that the 1HZ engine meets the Euro 1 (or Euro 2) emission requirements. A copy from a V5 of an older vehicle (70 series, 80 series etc) would do. A type approval indicating the same information would also be ideal. Or some sort of official paper from Toyota, the Department ofor Transport etc. Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas Jensen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 18:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, try posting this in the 80 series section as the 70 was never available in the UK with a 1HZ Wink

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Birder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partly right Jimbo4x4: No 70's had the 1HZ but the 75/78 did. I have one with a 1HZ, they are very rare but a few new vehicles came in from Toyota Indonesia (mainly 75 pickups), these were new and registered as new. It was a way round the quota system as they were not added to the Toyota Japan import quota.

And Lucas it would be best to get the v5 from the vehicle you are importing, I for one would not send a copy of mine
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09    Post subject: Re: Does 1HZ meet the Euro 1 emission requirements? Reply with quote

bikemaniac wrote:
Hi,

I'm strongly considering importing a HZJ78 from UK to Denmark. For that matter I need some sort of proof that the 1HZ engine meets the Euro 1 (or Euro 2) emission requirements.  
Lucas Jensen

I doubt you will find it. The 1HZ put out 348 gms of carbon per klm as measured by the govt here. If Im reading the Euro 1 standards correctly ,140 gms per klm was the max.
Australia only had them because they were exempt from the regulations in thise days
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birder wrote:
Partly right Jimbo4x4: No 70's had the 1HZ but the 75/78 did.

All the 7* series shape had the 1HZ but you had to be in the right market to get it.
Oz got a few HZJ70 and PZJ70 but only Japan and some South American countries had the HZJ74.
Japan also got the HZJ76 or maybe it was a 77?
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
bikemaniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 16:37    Post subject: Re: Does 1HZ meet the Euro 1 emission requirements? Reply with quote

roscoFJ73 wrote:
bikemaniac wrote:
Hi,

I'm strongly considering importing a HZJ78 from UK to Denmark. For that matter I need some sort of proof that the 1HZ engine meets the Euro 1 (or Euro 2) emission requirements.  
Lucas Jensen

I doubt you will find it. The 1HZ put out 348 gms of carbon per klm as measured by the govt here. If Im reading the Euro 1 standards correctly ,140 gms per klm was the max.
Australia only had them because they were exempt from the regulations in thise days

I doubt there are any limits on CO2. The CO2 is very closely related to the amount of fuel being burnt. If a 4,2 litre engine puts out 348 gms of CO2, then a 8,4 litre large truck engine should put out approx 700 gms of CO2.

Lucas
Birder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

roscoFJ73 wrote:

Oz got a few HZJ70 and PZJ70

I was not aware of this,
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14    Post subject: Re: Does 1HZ meet the Euro 1 emission requirements? Reply with quote

bikemaniac wrote:
roscoFJ73 wrote:
bikemaniac wrote:
Hi,

Lucas Jensen

I doubt there are any limits on CO2. The CO2 is very closely related to the amount of fuel being burnt. If a 4,2 litre engine puts out 348 gms of CO2, then a 8,4 litre large truck engine should put out approx 700 gms of CO2.

Lucas

They are not talking about CO2 ,they are on about PM (particulate matter) ,which are the fine particles of soot found in exhaust.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
misterpaul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as there wasn't really any clear answer about the 1HZ and meeting emissions standards.

I'm looking around for info about how to register my HZJ75 in the UK, and it seems like there's a couple of people on here driving them.

So, how did you do it guys?

Any helpful hints gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul.
Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it matter, considering the age of the vehicle?

Roger
misterpaul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 1997 truck and I thought 1995 is the cut off date for emissions testing in your mot.

I could be wrong though, can anyone confirm this one way or another?

Paul.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterpaul wrote:
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as there wasn't really any clear answer about the 1HZ and meeting emissions standards.

I'm looking around for info about how to register my HZJ75 in the UK, and it seems like there's a couple of people on here driving them.

So, how did you do it guys?

Any helpful hints gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul.

There are owners of HZJ80 in the UK and they have an identical engine to the HZJ75. AFAIK ,the 1HZ are all the same anywhere in the world,except for the 12/24 volt models
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
misterpaul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Toyota had to stop doing the auto 80 in the UK in 1998 as it didn't pass emissions, but the manual was ok. This should mean mine would be ok too.

Paul.
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

misterpaul wrote:
I've heard that Toyota had to stop doing the auto 80 in the UK in 1998 as it didn't pass emissions, but the manual was ok. This should mean mine would be ok too.

Paul.

They were still selling HZJ78 new in some parts of Europe(Germany is one) until sometime after 2000.
There are some charts of emissions requirements for European diesel vehicles of various weight on the net.
The chart I was looking at is table 2 compression ignition N1 class 111 <1760kg
Im reasonably sure it would pass the PM test.
I did have some pics of the aussie stickers they put on various models of landcruisers showing the emissions ratings,Ill see if I can find them

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/eu/ld.php

Of course you would still need the written proof
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Honda XR650L
misterpaul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the 1HZ can be made to comply with Euro 4.

Don't really want to go down that road though as it will cost £££££, but that's why the HZJ78 could be sold new. Infact there's people who can still sell you one in Europe, just not Toyota themselves. But these trucks have a cat or some such device fitted, which mine doesn't.

I've spoken to someone else who has a UK registered 1998 HZJ75 without a cat and he says it's no problem with emissions for the MOT. Mine has the same engine and is a year older (it would be tested on the emissions standard for the date of manufacture) so shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully. All I need to do now is get a fog light sorted out.

Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 70 Series / Prado / Troopie / Bundera Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: