Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

autotrader ad ... walked away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Rate the Seller
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaykayuk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 20:04    Post subject: autotrader ad ... walked away Reply with quote

my brother went to view this landcruiser 80.. wasted his time going plus took time off work as well

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201040369800563/sort/priceasc/usedcars/transmission/manual/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/model/landcruiser/make/toyota/postcode/m337fw/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

"134,000 miles, THIS CAR IS FROM 1996 NOT 1992 SORRY WRONG TITLE, TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 4.2 GS Manual 24 valve Turbo Diesel Station Wagon Genuine uk car. 3 months mot and no tax 134000 miles with full Toyota service history . 2 new battery, new exhaust.2 new tyres, Manual gearbox with hi/low and 3X diff locks, 7seater, Folding rear seats, Electric sunroof, Electric windows.Electric mirrors, very reliable car and powerful. everything works perfect, Find my location LONDON. £4,800."

all windows not working and lights dont work properly, otherwise vehicle was good..could be sorted

ad obviously wrong ( hate when that happens)

chap didnt have the v5 on his name, apparently had to vehicle cos someone owed him money and gave it to him

I told my brother to just walk away,, not worth paying a penny for it

this is the second time i heard a story like this, i phoned a chap last month who advertised one on e bay and autotrader and he gave me the same story ie. someone owed him money and he got the vehicle, but that vehicle on a text check was recorded stolen in 1998.. didnt bother therafter

are there any cons going around with this type of vehicle or has anyone had a similar experience ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 20:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its not a 7 seater ..... engine looks clean though ..... best advice is to trust instinct .... walk if it dosn't feel right , your bro did right .
jaykayuk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.. GS not seven seater... but im sure 3rd row can be fitted  ( planning to do that to mine at some point)

this vehicle didnt have the 3rd row of seats

looks like ad been copied and pasted from somewhere... seems even more suspect
gordini911

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 20:02    Post subject: GX Reply with quote

My UK 1997 GX is a 7 seater.

Regards Keith.
jaykayuk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like the GS not in autotrader anymore,, just checked the number we used to call him and its the same as  chap who has a 1992 vx auto for sale now or is it 1993.. dont think he knows ( both years in the same ad)

anyone going to look at it,, check the paperwork carefully
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Rate the Seller All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: