Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Review 4mths ownership and 6k mls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here, still going, getting on for 11yrs now, kept my previous LC120 for 7yrs, so this one the longest.

Recent service, and diff oils change, reg maintenance continues etc.

1 noisy wheel bearing, turned into 2, then decided why not do all 4 Very Happy  >13te breaking force for the rears half shafts. Fronts didn’t  need any special tools, but the rear hub design doesn’t allow any simple area for forces to be applied safely, likely some special Toyota tool, but got  some 15mm plate steel jigs made up to use in the hyd press, being sided also needed 2 made, anyway super smooth/quiet now.

G/box selector playing up a little, had it replaced @ 17k miles under warranty yrs ago, but seems to be going again, £845+vat and Back order in Toyota network, so stripped/greased what I can for now, and back working fine, just the electronics contacts/switches internal to the selector unit, not much I can do etc, bought a 2nd one meantime also.

Like the heated/cooled seats in the 2018+ models, but have to say concerned a little about adblue, DPF’s (wouldn’t mind to hear any new owners comments/thoughts on this) I.e.  more complications or things I don’t need to think about with my current one, etc, guess I’ll get there one day, but for now just pondering.

Few long trips recently, with trailers, it just keeps going, summers wheels off shortly and the winters with BFG’s back on, which btw are the same BFG’s I put on when I first bought it, still 5-6mm +tread, and although old, no signs age/cracking etc

Until next year !
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Beekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the write up even if the forum is very quiet.  I like my 120 so much that I'm thinking about what to do for Landcruiser motoring after 2030.  Getting a 150 would 'buy' about 15 more years life compared to my 19 year old 120 provided they're built to the same standard and I keep it away from the worst of the salt.  At my age I hope to need over 25 years of decent motors, and at the moment I can't see anything electric doing what the 120 does.  The 150 is at least a possibility for the long term although two mechanics I know both said that you could run the 120 for a lot of years for the £50k price of a 150!  I think the Adblue and electronic systems will be the deciding factor unless the politicians do something unforeseen to kill off IC engine cars. Hope the 150 keeps going for many years yet and I may eventually be joining you.
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thks and yes, this 150 forum is much quieter than the 120’s, for some reason, I’d my 120 for about 7yrs (think I was one of the first on the 120 forum with the injector seal/engine failure problem) but Mr Toyota MD kept my faith when they sent me a cheque for 1/2 the engine repair 😀

Anyway, Ref your ad blue comment, that’s me 11 yrs with this 150, really tempted to change, and probably will do soon, but I’ve reservations about this ad blue, all the stories (applies any ad blue car)  about blocked DPF’s etc, and especially since this is a second car for us, sitting around won’t help this etc, but seems that we can’t avoid the tech all together

Also agree regard electric, plugs in’s a false hood, hybrids possible, but were now where near that technology yet I think to equal the landcruiser present capability and when it does (look at the RAV4 prices)  think it will be out my £££ range.

I’ve been watching/looking for a newer 150 for about 1.5 yrs now, what’s interesting when I started on Autotrader qty on avg for sale was about 50-60, presently it’s about 90-110,.

Cant decided whether to stick with this model and tech, avoid ad blu, and sail on past the 100k mark, or spend £45-£50k on a newer one (less spec than my 60th anniversary) and get into this ad blue malarkey, one of the few tempting features of the newer ones, the heated and cooled seats etc.

Be interesting to know which year of landcruiser the ad blue system arrived, I’ve not checked yet myself.

Anyway, just pondering away.
eatapeach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

14all_and_all41 wrote:
Thks and yes, this 150 forum is much quieter than the 120’s, for some reason, I’d my 120 for about 7yrs (think I was one of the first on the 120 forum with the injector seal/engine failure problem) but Mr Toyota MD kept my faith when they sent me a cheque for 1/2 the engine repair 😀

Anyway, Ref your ad blue comment, that’s me 11 yrs with this 150, really tempted to change, and probably will do soon, but I’ve reservations about this ad blue, all the stories (applies any ad blue car)  about blocked DPF’s etc, and especially since this is a second car for us, sitting around won’t help this etc, but seems that we can’t avoid the tech all together

Also agree regard electric, plugs in’s a false hood, hybrids possible, but were now where near that technology yet I think to equal the landcruiser present capability and when it does (look at the RAV4 prices)  think it will be out my £££ range.

I’ve been watching/looking for a newer 150 for about 1.5 yrs now, what’s interesting when I started on Autotrader qty on avg for sale was about 50-60, presently it’s about 90-110,.

Cant decided whether to stick with this model and tech, avoid ad blu, and sail on past the 100k mark, or spend £45-£50k on a newer one (less spec than my 60th anniversary) and get into this ad blue malarkey, one of the few tempting features of the newer ones, the heated and cooled seats etc.

Be interesting to know which year of landcruiser the ad blue system arrived, I’ve not checked yet myself.

Anyway, just pondering away.

IIRC it came with the 2.8 cars post 2015 - part of Euro 6 compliance.

I'm buying a new LC (new to me) and getting a Euro 6 car - like above I figure we have 15-20 years before we lose diesels completely

And hopefully my 100 can get a Tesla motor in it  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: