All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LC200 gearbox programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59    Post subject: LC200 gearbox programme Reply with quote

Hi I hope some of you guys can help me here
I recently acquired an LC200. Generally I'm very pleased with it, except that is, its appetite to change down or not engage top gear, particularly when towing. I recently took my scouts to Switzerland and towed our trailer there and back. It isn't that heavy, about 1.5 tons at most when fully loaded. The LC coped easily as you would expect, except for its very annoying habit of not engeging higher gears. To get it to drop into its highest gear I would have to accelerate up to about 65 to 70, back off and let the revs drop and then engage cruise control, it will then run around 65mph at 1500 rpm. If I don't do that it will quite happily stay are around 1800 to 2200, so I assume 4th or 5th depending on its mood. So in my opinion the gearbox programme definitely needs a remap
Oh and btw, manual mode is no help either. You can force it to maintain lower gears which is great for steep decents but it won't stay in a high gear or even change up if it didn't want to

Any help greatly appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I cant help on this, but have you read this Web Page Name
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
prav

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 19:53    Post subject: gearbox torque converter gearing issues Reply with quote

Hi ,
I'm thinking of upgrading from a 100 series to 200 and was watching some videos on you tube and in Australia its common for problems when towing with 200 sereies. please watch this video.
Hope this helps

Land Cruiser 200: Torque Converter Lockup - install & test

http://www.project200.com.au/torque-c...
mks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Prav, that is a really interesting read and I'm very interested in the Richards Autos solution and may well go with that.
I'm sure I read somewhere that there were potentially remaps available for the autotbox but haven't found much on that

Ideally a remap that made sport mode work as it should would be very useful, i.e. you get the gear you request rather than what the car thinks is best
Tetleys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

i have just responded on the other post re mods

the gearbox isssue was my main reason for the mod , you can just get that done on its own
and it really does work by dropping the box into top gear around 62 instead of 72 ish

cheers

Tetleys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: