Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

2004 LC4 Red Flashing Car / key Symbol On Instrument Panel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T4FFY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:21    Post subject: 2004 LC4 Red Flashing Car / key Symbol On Instrument Panel Reply with quote

2004 LC4 Red Flashing Car / key Symbol On Instrument Panel

I Locked the LC with the fob and the indicators flashed. In my haste I actually pushed the fob lock button an additional one or two times and the indicators flashed again, later I unlocked it with the remote key and drove home went to lock it and the remote key and it would not operate the alarm and central locking.
Now I have noticed there is a red car symbol with a key that flashes when the key is removed from the ignition.

I've checked to make sure all doors are locked and all door pins are working. Also tried the spare remote key. I can't find anything relating to the red car / key symbol in the owner's hand book.

Just about to disconnect the battery to see if it resets the alarm.

Does anyone know if this is a fault indicator or reprogramming key issue ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

karl2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red light flashing when you take the key out is normal behaviour - its just the immobiliser saying you cant start the car.

When you put the key in the ignition, the red light will go away.

Pressing the lock button twice wont do any harm, in fact the second time will double lock it, so that it cant be opened from the inside, if someone breaks a window say.

First thing to try in your situation is the spare key - does that work?

It's probably just the battery in your fob needs changing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: