Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Head Unit replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i11usive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:08    Post subject: Head Unit replacement Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a 2005 120 series and am looking to replace the CD/Tape/Radio deck with a new head unit. I've done some research and plan to go with a brand - Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC. Have my eye on a Pioneer SPH-DA360DAB. Has anyone had experience fitting a new head unit on the Land Cruiser? Any tips/advice would be welcome.

Thanks,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lanedriver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you have probably bought a unit by now, but here goes.
I installed a Kenwood Unit 3 years agon, works very well, head unit is smaller than dash aperture but you can buy spacers to complete the installation and maintain a good fit.
The navigation is in sync with my phone via Android Auto, but check on your phone system first to ensure there is compatibility.
Aftermarket reverse camera interface good.
DAB radio reception intermittent depending on area signal streangth.

I still have my old 700 series unit with a number if mapping discs and a Toyota manual if anyone needs it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: