Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Switch blank with wiring behind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil4108

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 17:53    Post subject: Switch blank with wiring behind Reply with quote

Today I've fitted my new super duper stereo in my 2002 Colorado VX.When removing the walnut console trim I noticed one of the switch blanks had wiring behind it.Does anybody have any idea why ? I've tried to add a pic but can't.Its the blank underneath the antennae up/down buttons.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 17:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 19:30    Post subject: Re: Switch blank with wiring behind Reply with quote

Phil4108 wrote:
Today I've fitted my new super duper stereo in my 2002 Colorado VX.When removing the walnut console trim I noticed one of the switch blanks had wiring behind it.Does anybody have any idea why ? I've tried to add a pic but can't.Its the blank underneath the antennae up/down buttons.

I cannot answer exactly what its for but my guess is in a lot of cars the have standard wiring looms and depending on what accessories / extras  are ordered then the
switch i put in and the extra then works, but if not the wiring is still there
Phil4108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm sober in the morning I will look closer.But the loom is right up to the back of the blank.With a plug also.
modvrs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presume you have the full set of VX switches

MisterCruiser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Modvrs - In your pic what are them 3 heater / defrost buttons for, has your Cruiser got a front heated windscreen?

The switch above the Hi Low dial knob and across from the A/c switch, what does this do?

The button that says Rear heat with fan symbol, what's that do?

And the button above the "rear Heat" switch, what does that do?
modvrs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I did have a heated front screen, that would be brilliant, but no just the normal stuff I'm afraid. The rear heater is also bust as the pipes to the underseat heater matrix have rusted out and are temporarily blocked off in the engine bay. I bought the rubber hose and connectors to repair it three years ago but the job is still on the list.
Phil4108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rear heater switch and mirror heater are near the steering column.Where your switches are are where my blanks are.
modvrs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, what year is yours? Mine is a 1997. Think there were changes after about 1999.
Phil4108

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines 2002.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: