2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Roof rack & roof tent

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Group buys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - after a fair bit of digging around and pricing stuff, it seems as though the savings are not massive enough to tempt me into going to the hassle of importing kit myself.  I reckon on an order totalling nearly £4000.00, the costs of getting it all through customs, paying the extra VAT, the poorer R/£ exchange rate and the fact that I'll end up with stuff on which a warranty claim will be all but impossible is not worth the £650 saving (besides having to get the £4000 together in one fell swoop - something always manages to chew into the savings ...).  So -  I'm going to give this a miss.  I can source everything I want locally, and can spread my purchases out over time, and reckon I can get some pretty good deals - and I think if enough of us approach a local supplier(s) we may do somewhat better on things like Roof tents and fridges and the like.  If anyone would like me to pursue the quotes they've already received, I'm more than happy to.  If not, I'll let the supplier know we're not going ahead.  He'll be miffed, but that's life  Cool  Confused

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 17:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DaveWall

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone has contacts for a good deal I'll offer to stump up some cash in advance, I'm pursuing local dealers too - Overland Cruisers is a definate possibility Julian knows his stuff and seems nicely unbiased and is looking at some options, however if there is a massive saving importing then I'm game, hand luggage perhaps???
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - hand luggage wouldn't work - we were talking roof racks, roof top tents, fridges, battery monitors / split chargers, diff-locks etc - all big stuff!

Cheers
DaveWall

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was joking - I can just imagine what the aiport checkin would say 'your slightly over weight sir....'

No back to reality - if someone has contact details I would love to do some ringing round

Dave
toafrica
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Will send details when I am back in the UK - currently in no-so-sunny Dubrovnik.....
May wander to Bosnia tomorrow if we can sort insurance out.

Cheers
Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Group buys All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: