NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Lincomb Farm in October

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad, I'll have a look. It's no good getting an Aussie locker, I need the ring gear and pinion. The new locker uses the old gear set.

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpinDrift wrote:
Jon:  worst case, if you really have no alternative, could you just drop the prop shaft assembley as far forward as the front prop shaft flange and drive on (as far as you can) using the centre diff?  I know it would probably destroy whats left of the rear diff and shafts - but it might get you back to where you could get help - I'm thinking of the back of beyond here.
Removing the rear prop shaft would at least confine the shock loading to the rear axle. There's still a risk of the carrier pinions or side gears failing under the shock loading and the rear end just locking up though so you'd need to crawl along IMO. But yes that would get you nearer to help / a stable place to work.

LC needed to go quite a way and tow his quad as well though so I think the solution he used was the safest although it is quite a bit of work especially in this case where things didn't go as smoothly as they could have!

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
 I've actually decided to jib it for this event  Crying or Very sad  
Come on gav, share the cause with the forum, I forgot  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, still learning this game LC...  But here's a few links that may assist you...

In Bury

In Bristol

In Lanarkshire!!! (finished)

In Manchester...

Some are from a while back - I've been back through my daily search digests to August & now they are repeating...  If I spot anything on my travels I'll bell you.  Good luck at the Building Society on that mortgage extension Sad
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildsmith wrote:
Gavlad wrote:
 I've actually decided to jib it for this event  Crying or Very sad  
Come on gav, share the cause with the forum, I forgot  Laughing

Oo you buggah...

Embarassed Well, as per Jon's previous suggestions in the thread, I got under me truck on Saturday morning & in no particular order:

** properly secured the front panhard rod to the chassis;
** properly tightened the panhard adjuster nuts;
** properly tightened each & every single wheel nut by at least half a turn...

Thinking of setting up my own shop like Jules - 'Half Baked 4x4' ready for business...

What a numpty  Rolling Eyes - & thanks for the reminder Jon!!!   Cool
Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the "proper" tightening fixed the problem?

Gavlad wrote:
Thinking of setting up my own shop like Jules - 'Half Baked 4x4' ready for business...

I'm not sure Mr. Voelcker will appreciate your re-naming of his business  Twisted Evil

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have for pictures is: www.mudtoys.com/images/stories/albums/2009-10-03-lincomb-sat

I don't think there were as many spectators as earlier in the year so not sure how many photos will turn up ...

Thanks for a good time again Tony and Julian, I thought the catering was very nice BTW but it's shame it doesn't at least break even. I think Tony was well pleased with his injection pump tweak Julian  Wink and thanks for selling me that ARB deflation device, very useful bit of kit  Very Happy

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP

Last edited by wildsmith on Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperatezulu wrote:
I'm not sure Mr. Voelcker will appreciate your re-naming of his business

No no, that'd be my 'imaginery & never to exist' business, not Julian's 'proper, thorough & long to prosper' business - my inference being I'm half baked for not tightening things up properly...

The 'proper' tightening seems to have sorted out the death wobble...  Cool   But I am happy that I now have a period where I can road test the thing & attempt to sort any minor little issues. She was much more civilised than I was expecting on the run to work this morning...
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote JW sig line - 93 HDJ80 Coming back to us soon

Aye aye, couldn't stay away from the tanks eh Jon???
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
Quote JW sig line - 93 HDJ80 Coming back to us soon

Aye aye, couldn't stay away from the tanks eh Jon???
An oportunity arose to re-aquire a particularly fine example of an 80 series that was too good to miss. Looks like we only lent Steph's old 80 to Ian so he could put some genuine overlanding miles on it before handing it back so he can explore other options  Laughing

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

And about time too Wink  Welcome back (when she comes)

We had it confirmed that the 90 would be being repaired on Friday after the little old lady tried to destroy it in Tesco's carpark...  £2.5K for the rear bumper, offside corner lights & wheel flare plus £?? for the new A-frame on the front.  What with the £85/day courtesy car costs, I half thought they might actually write it off as my original purchase price was 4K...

If they'd have written it off, I'd have been on the lookout for another 80  Cool
PtP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildsmith wrote:
An oportunity arose to re-aquire a particularly fine example of an 80 series that was too good to miss. Looks like we only lent Steph's old 80 to Ian so he could put some genuine overlanding miles on it before handing it back so he can explore other options  Laughing

Jon, if you need a lift down to wherever to collect it, then give me a shout. Wink
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtP wrote:
wildsmith wrote:

Jon, if you need a lift down to wherever to collect it, then give me a shout. Wink
Thanks Peter, i'll keep that in mind though it's likely to be a weekend exchange so I don't know if that will clash for you.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
SpinDrift
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my pics.  A few of them that were taken through the (dirty) windscreen have reflections in them.

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq118/SpinDrift/Lincomb%20October%202009/?albumview=slideshow

cheers

Reinhard
seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: