4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SW West Aust- Warren Beach trip (Lots of pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 16:12    Post subject: SW West Aust- Warren Beach trip (Lots of pics) Reply with quote

Hi

Thought I would post a few pics of a trip last Summer down to the Yeagerup Dunes in SW Western Australia. The trip report is similar to one I posted on Pradopoint.com

this is a great place to get to know your vehicle, and have some family fun at the same time. Its about 2 hr trip south of where I live in Busselton
It was a comfortable family trip, didnt take fishing gear, but packed in the sandboards for some fun on the way back thru the dunes. I hadnt been here for a few years, and wanted to take the kids there, as its a spot we hadnt been to with them.

The main access track is past a lake, then up massive sand dunes that are about 10kms inland from the coast. Once you get through the dunes, there is still a few kms of 4wd through the Forest to get to the Warren River mouth and the beach

I took the Prado, while 2 other families in Hiluxs, and no issues except a bit of fantastic plastic coming loose in my wheel arch, and a few stretched sidewalls when we let tyre pressures down to some new low levels.

The park requires entry fees to be paid at the lake

First to set the tyre pressures to about 15 psi for the trip in

The Warren River runs through the massive SW Forests near Pemberton, and the brown colour comes from the forest. It probably the tanins etc that leach into the ground.
Notice there are actually some clouds in this pic. I wasnt sure what they were at first.......... Wink

Some of the campers looked keen. The wind was pretty strong on this day, and these guys were well set up, but exposed. The looked like they had been there for a few days. These were hard core fisherman, and they must be pretty tough, as one of them drive a Prado!!!!

Then back along the beach for a look. Plenty of Salmon been caught earlier in day. The beach is about 15kms long from the North end to the river mouth. When the river isnt flowing, it can be crossed and then head further south.

Then the fun of getting up the big hill. This is a massive hill that requires careful gear selection and correct tyre pressures. Unfort it had been carved up, and I ended up having to go to 11psi, while late model Hilux was on about 8psi. Earlier Hilux was on 15 psi on split rims!
Only took a couple of pics here, as was keeping an eye on track, and other eye on Auto Trans temp light. Flat to the floor to get over this one. Lots of encouragement over the two way when we all finally made it up

Then back to the sand dunes for some sandboarding fun

Overall, it was a great trip, and we are heading back in a few weeks for some more fun. The kids are still raving about the sand boarding

Daz

2004 TD 120 GXL Prado
2006 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
2012 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 16:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report, Daz - the weather there looks just a little bit different to what London is "enjoying" today.... Twisted Evil

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
ignat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful part of the world.

And nice prado too!  thumbright

Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I miss WA

Your pics remind me of my time spent at Lancelin. I never even knew the Warren existed, and I was always going down Margaret River for surfing trips! Next I'm over I'll have to get a proper 4x4 sorted and do some real exploring Smile

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Daz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperatezulu wrote:
Nice report, Daz - the weather there looks just a little bit different to what London is "enjoying" today.... Twisted Evil

Cheers,

Thanks
Yep, bit cool here today as well, only reached about 24 Deg C, but wont be long............

Lucky it wasnt to warm when we went down South, coz climbing those dunes on a 35 deg wouldnt be fun

Daz

2004 TD 120 GXL Prado
2006 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
2012 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
Daz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo4x4 wrote:
Crying or Very sad I miss WA

Your pics remind me of my time spent at Lancelin. I never even knew the Warren existed, and I was always going down Margaret River for surfing trips! Next I'm over I'll have to get a proper 4x4 sorted and do some real exploring Smile

Hi Jimbo4x4

I think I know what you mean. Im a Margaret River kid, and you sort of just get used to whats around you.
We are certainly lucky here in WA, with fishing, surfing, diving etc most of the year. If it gets too cold we head up to Exmouth or somewhere and you are back into the warmer climes

Daz

2004 TD 120 GXL Prado
2006 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
2012 4x4 Dual Cab Hilux
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: