4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trip through France next June ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that's Portsmouth to Caen then?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 13:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the return there's a high-speed option which gives a bit more travel-time in France and only arrives an hour later in Portsmouth - is that an option?  Only a tenner more (this is still not a cheap option  Laughing )
SilverCruiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we have booked

OUTWARD CROSSING: PORTSMOUTH TO CAEN
SUNDAY 16TH MAY 2010
TIME: 22:45
ARRIVAL:  06:45
2 ADULTS
INSIDE 2 BERTH CABIN with ensuite facilities
LAND CRUISER with trailer.

RETURN CROSSING: CAEN TO PORTSMOUTH
WEDNESDAY 2ND JUNE 2010
TIME: 16:30
ARRIVAL: 21:15
2 ADULTS
2 RECLINING SEATS
LAND CRUISER with trailer

MAL
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this site:  http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/camping-international/camping-sites-in-france-in-general/1034246/

They rave about a campsite called Chateau de Grange Fort which is just south of Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne region - which you will see is quite conspicuous on the BOAB site!  Possible that this is the RV point ...

Further details can be found at
http://www.suncamp.co.uk/gb/en/camp-sites/france/auvergne/puy-de-dome/ch%e2teau-de-grange-fort/uc33-l2-n797-c10-r30.455-cp100400/

Looks pleasant!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've booked on www.directferries.co.uk , LD Lines, Portsmouth to Le Havre depart 23:00 on the 28th May, Le Havre to Portsmouth depart 17:00 on the 6th June, £411. Unless I've messed up that should be some nice relaxed traveling to and from avoiding the M25 & the Paris peripherique but I don't plan to over think this if I can help it  Wink

Not knowing the RV just makes it more of an adventure, we'll find out all in good time I'm sure  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP

Last edited by wildsmith on Tue Jan 12, 2010 13:42; edited 1 time in total
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh - that ferry is full for cabin accomodation (already!!)

Bloody hell - will have to move quick I see....
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just gone for reserved reclining seats, a friend has tried both and says they're good enough, we shall see! Sailings will fill up quick because it's a school holiday I guess.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any one is interested I used this website and found it quite good; www.aferryto.com. Worth checking directly with operators though as the outlaws got a better deal doing this.  Shocked
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - booked and paid - same ship as Jon, same timings.  Bit more expensive as SWMBO wanted a Commodore cabin with en-suite  Wink   Works for me!

Jon - probably arrange to either meet up on the road or at the port?  We can then go together in France if OK with you?

Cheers
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
Jon - probably arrange to either meet up on the road or at the port?  We can then go together in France if OK with you?

I like that idea Gary. Meeting here and travelling down to Portsmouth in convoy may make the most sense unless you want to travel much earlier than us or a different route (have I mentioned Ray is my passenger?) but we can sort that out later. We plan to leave Stourbridge around 4pm, take the M5 down to 11a and then cut cross country over Birdlip, down to Swindon and then down to Winchester, which cuts out the worst of the traffic and takes about 3 to 3 1/2 hours in normal traffic so 6 hours to do it in should be very easy. I'm informed it's a bank holiday weekend as well as being the start of school holidays  Rolling Eyes

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I'm keen on that - will have to motor to get to S'bridge for 4, but maybe at a services on the motorway is good?  We can firm up as we get closer (although not really long to go, and sooo much still to do  Wink )
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I am Flat out at work at the moment will get on net later tonight and try and get the same one as you, if ok with you.

Bigyun
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigyun wrote:
Guys I am Flat out at work at the moment will get on net later tonight and try and get the same one as you, if ok with you.

Bigyun

What do you mean "if it's ok", you're navigating for us aren't you?  Laughing

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after one hour....yes one hour on the phone mumum   I have managed to get onto the same ferry as you guys. All was going well until I clicked the box that says less than 2.2 meters in height for the car then that was it....sorry no space. So I phoned the LD lines ticket office and explained that I was just over height.....sorry sir we can not make that sort of decision please phone head office in France. France said can't make that decision phone the loaders at Portsmouth. Portsmouth said yep no problem can fit you on there are 10 spaces for that size of vehicle and only three are booked (two of which I guess are you guys Very Happy )

Portsmouth could not take bookings so phone booking office. Booking office still unable to make the decision even with Loaders permission I would have to phone head office again. Phoned head office, sorry the duty manager has to make this decision we will call you back..............they did and I finally got the booking Very Happy  Shocked

So....I will see you guys at the ferry in the 4x4 queue.

Bigyun
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portsmouth???

But we booked Plymouth!

Naah - just kidding  Laughing  Laughing

Great news - see you in the queue!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Other events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: